Okay, Here goes. The Winter Jam concert was amazing and I enjoyed (almost) every minute of it. Stephanie Smith, I'm sorry to say, was not the best I've ever heard. She started the 'pre-concert party' right off with loud music that I couldn't understand. The only one I knew was "Not Afraid", which I hadn't heard since we moved four months ago. The best part about her performance was when some big, pink, hairy ape (I'm not kidding! Owan might have a picture to proove it...) ran on stage and stole her guitar.
Pure NRG was next, and they all have good voices but they're too.....Tweenish, if that's a word. For one thing, they perform on RadioDisney, so they have to be energetic and fast and do a lot of dancing and back flips, etc. Also, before the concert started and during the intermission, there were commercials for each of the bands playing on the screens. Pure NRG (made up of two girls and a boy) was advertising the "Precious Girls Club" where you can *plasters smile on her face and speaks in a very cheerful voice* "design your own Avatar, decorate your own room, and you can even earn wings so you can fly all over" this cheerful, happy town! Um, yeah. I looked at the site, and it's definitely for younger girls. And the poor boy had to help advertise for this totally girly site! Poor fellow. Needs a haircut.
Then Francesca Battestelli performed, and she was okay, despite the fact that I knew only one of her songs and she was quite reminiscent of Stephanie Smith.
Newsong came on after Francesca, and O boy, they were good! I've never really heard much of their music, but the ones they played, I knew. They did "New Song" and "Arise My Love". Wow, "Arise My Love" was amazing! No, amazing isn't quite the right word, but it's as close as I can get at the moment. Powerful? Anywhoz, they were great. And since I'd only ever heard them on the radio and didn't even know what they looked like, it was really weird trying to believe it was really them up there singing.
Hawk Nelson did a few songs (including "Friend Like That" and "Zero"). The lead singer (what's his name?? I keep wanting to call him Hawk Nelson, but that's not him.) had a smoke machine which he picked up and blew at the crowd. He also went down and sang in the audience some....but not near us. :(
INTERMISSION
The Afters were even better than I expected them to be! I'd seen a video taken at a live performance, and Josh sounded awful! But they were really good instead. They played "Never Going Back to Okay", "Ocean Wide", "Myspace Girl" (a really sweet song about how a former member met his wife), and "Beautiful Smile". I'm going to see them again! I hope.
Owan and her sisters introduced TobyMac by video, and then the Diverse City Band came on and.......TobyMac Himself! He's pretty cool. Loved his hat. They started out with "One World" (isn't there a 'Cheetah Girls' song by that title? Don't ask me how I'd know...) and followed with many, many, many others. Nirva is very pretty and has a beautiful voice, although we were kinda secretly hoping for Mandisa to pop out from backstage for "Loose My Soul".
Whoops, gotta go. I'll try to post tomorrow or day after? Oh, and Skittles, I'll show you that (heh heh heh) Secret Snow Weapon then. >:D
Adios!
~Kiwi da Mac'd Out Fruit
6 comments:
I was patiently waiting for this new concert update, and you didn't disappoint! Pooky's a bigger TobyMac fan than I am (I'm still a DC Talk fan *tries frantically not to act so old, and fails miserably*), but I like the stuff of his that winds up on the radio. Sounds like you guys had a pretty good time! Tell Rapunzel that I'm sorry she missed it!
Haiya! :D
*searches youtube for Stephanie Smith *
(wow, it's pretty sad when Gotee records puts up an official music video and nobody comments on it.)
i think she were on the Wally....thing....'t were funny.
i dont like this song.
anyways
D: XD Ape!
:D Owan!
D: D: D: D: EW PURE NRG.
I HATE PURE NRG.
Newsong is kind of oldperson-ish, but Arise My Love is really powerful and stuff. :) They're good.
Yay, Hawk Nelson!
I dont like Hawk Nelson that much.
oh well.
:D :D :D TOOOOBYYY
Toby always has a awesome hat.
Nirva rocks.
:D SECRET WEAPON!!!!!!!!!!!
I went to Winter Jam too! It was AWESOME!!! pureNRG didn't sing at the one I went to though, neither did Hawk Nelson. :( Barlowgirl did instead, they were sweet!! Yeah, I loved every second! Winter Jam was awesome so cool!!
Hey Kiwi,
I just wanted to let you know that I started a wordpress..the address is mydramas.wordpress.com
As of right now nothing is passworded, but if, in the future, I password something I'll e-mail you the password if you want.
-Judi
I went to Winter Jam last year. It was really neat, especially since Skillet was there. I have always really liked Newsong. A few years ago I used to be crazy about Hawk Nelson, so I always wanted to see them in concert. Now that I have moved on to other artists I finally do! lol!
In response to your comment:
That's alright, I haven't been the best commenter lately either.
I really wanted to do something special for my birthday, but unfortunately because of a lack of ideas of things to do and some other issues as well, I am not doing anything.
Thanks for the compliment on my room. There is definitely no shortage of cats in my room. I like my penguin too (Who's name is Flip). (grins)
Oh, and I do have "I Kissed Dating Goodbye on my shelf. Have you read it?
~Zoe
I understand about the e-mail thing..when I password something, I'll give you the password on here :)
Post a Comment