Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!! / After the Concert, part 2

Happy New Year, Y'alls! Isn't it a wonderful year? I sort of expected it to be a bit different than last year, with all the hype and celebration. It feels like 2008 still. Now I need to practise typing '2009' 2009 2009 2009 2009............
I still catch myself writing 2007 occasionally. It'll take me forever to catch onto this 2009 thing.
A quick overview of the New Year celebration at church: We had two hours of singing/prayer to begin with. I nearly died of smothered laughter twice (thankfully during the singing, not the prayer! That would have been embarrassing!). The first time needs a lot of explanation, so I'll skip it. The second time, we were singing "Everlasting God" and it kept getting higher, and higher and higher so that even the worship leaders were having a hard time singing it! I was sitting next to a friend, then Rapunzel and two other friends. We all started giggling a bit, but the friend next to me and I got it the worst, and I laughed so hard I was crying by the end of the song. Thankfully, it was the last song....
Then some friends and I played a rousing game of Pit. It's an awesome game we got for Christmas from Mum and Dad. I won twice. Next, I played a lot of Apples to Apples and won two green cards in a row. I ended up with three, I think.
During the Apples to Apples game, one girl was trying to take pictures of another, who did not want to be photographed unawares. That was quite entertaining, trying to get pics of her. And then, after we got bored with it and some people had to go home, I stood around talking with my friend and her friend, who I'm not quite sure what to think of. He has a very confusing effect on people. Sort of a talent for getting your mind muddled. It's really hard to get a coherent sentence out around him.
Then, it became 2009, and the three boys left there (my bros and another kid) blew noise makers and laughed and clapped. Woo hoo! Somehow, it doesn't feel like the future. No flying cars, no hovering cities, no transporter beams....what's the point of '09? *sigh*
So. On to the "After the Concert, Part 2" part of me post.
*ahem*
Where were we? Ah, yes, I had just met one Daniel Kirkley. After chatting with Daniel Kirkley some, we moved on in the line to Jason Germain, who is tall and makes me feel short even though I was wearing two-inch heels. Here is us meeting him:
That's my book he's signing. I look sad, don't I? Well I wasn't!
Inbetween this picture and the next, he asked us:
"Sisters?"
*nod heads and answer in unison* "Yes."
"Twins?"
*laugh and shake heads and answer in unison* "No!"
"Oh, do you get that a lot?"
Ha! Argh! I wish we had used the answer that we have practised many times, but never had a chance to use: "Yes," I say, "She's the older by two years...." I thought of that, just as we were shaking our heads.
He also asked if I'm a musician. Because of the necklace I had on. (note to Mom: And you said no one would notice my jewelry! *reserves the right to say 'I told you so'*)It's some sort of musical sign, but you can tell from that description how much I know about music! I said, no, it's my sister's, but I do sing a lot.
Jason figured out that Rapunzel, Owan, and I could form a band.... :D He's really nice, too.
And here are, from left to right, Miss Kiwi, Mr. Jason Germain (all bent over so he could fit in the same picture with us and not have his head cut off), Miss Rapunzel, and a bad picture of Miss Owan. (Sorry, Owan! I don't know how to edit the picture.). Look at the guy in the background. Behind and to the left of me. Doesn't he look like Jason? When I first caught a glimpse of him, I thought it was Jason, with a bit of lip fuzz.

And then, we casually sauntered over to Jaime Jamgochian and Lanae' Hale. We enjoyed a good talk with Jaime. Rapunzel was in a musical year before last which included a song by Jaime. I'll give you the song title once I get it from my sis. Jaime asked Rapunzel to email her a link to it, or if we had Facebook to show it to her on there. So far, we haven't found it on the Web. :( And, somehow, Jaime avoided the camera and we have no picture of her. :'(
But, here're two of Rapunzel and me with Lanae' Hale and Daniel Kirkley:

This is a good picture of Daniel and me.

And this is a good one of all of us. I thought there were two messed up pictures, but I guess there weren't.
Y'know, here I look a lot taller than Daniel, but if I hadn't worn heels we would have been almost the same height.

And that's all I'll say about The Concert for now, because I still have material for one more post, plus copies of autographs. :) I'm getting quite a bit of Blogger Fodder out of this. :)

Note to Soul Skittles Regarding her Last Comment: Sorry I 'lied'. :) But I think you lied, too, in your last comment, about me having "like one thousand" up on you.

Note to Owan Regarding Several Things: This is a warning. Be very careful in all you do. You do not want to anger me. The last person to anger me.... well, let's just say that her movie collection was raided and it was Not Pretty. That's all I have to say. That and, how are your 'poachels'?

Note to All who Read This: My friend, HMS Avalon, wishes me to tell you that she wants a few more readers and y'all are all welcome to visit. At least, I think that's the message I'm supposed to give you.

And now I must go to Bed. Ugh. I don't like Bed.
Last thing: I'm going to try to blog on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and possibly once on weekends.
There. I'm done. Y'alls can comment now!
~Kiwi

15 comments:

Kristen said...

WHA?! I've angered you? *gets down on knees* Tell me my failing and I will try and make it up to you! But please, do not do anything vile before properly telling me what I have done!

And no, I haven't had any poachels, haven't had any of those for years. :'(

Please leave me a comment soon. :) I'll come back and leave you a proper one later today.

See you tomorrow...

hms avalon said...

Thanks kiwi! You actually read it! I thought I would have to wait for at least a week before you responded. THANKS!!!

I still have trouble with the whole "2009" concept. My sib asked me what day it was and I told them it was January 2008! I'm so forgetful. :(

I hope to HEAR FROM YOU SOOOOOON!!!

Avalon :P

Kristen said...

I return to comment on the above post... May you feel guilty and come and comment and my blog and tell me why you put a warning on your blog. 'Kay?

A happy new year to you! I will, also, need to get used to the fact that it is a new year. 2009!! 2009!! 2009!! ...That probably won't implant it in my mind...

You and your giggle fits. *shakes head* Everlasting God is a good song. :D I have it on my iPod (the Lincoln Brewster version). I've never played Pit, sadly. I have played Apples to Apples though! Infact, I own that game. I got it for Christmas one year. :D

I think I want your email address or something. You can email me these stories but with the names of people. A girl trying to take pictures of another? ...Nope, doesn't ring a bell. Though I do know in a round about way of one girl who enjoys photography. You stood around and talked with your friend and her friend? Who's your friend? *considers* And then there's a guy who as a confusing effect on you? Well, I would then very much like to know his name. :D I'm sure he's a very interesting person.
So your brothers got to stick around 'til midnight? Yay for them.

That picture of Jason doesn't show how nice his coat was. Yeah, he is tall... The guy with the mad keyboard skillz! Woo! I kind of felt sad for him when he said "Do you get that alot?" and you said "Yes!" and he was like "Oh...sorry." He sounded sad.
No, I don't think we could properly form a band...sorry, Jason!

And a picture of us with Jason. Isn't it interesting that I'm the only one with a halo? Yes, it is a bad picture of me. Not only am I wearing the coat I don't like and look nervous but I ALSO look like I was sick, or was going to be. Oh the trail and tribulation...

That second picture is NOT a good picture of Lanae Hale. And Daniel Kirkley was obviously standing on his tip-toes. :P

I then look forward to your next concert post. Your next any post...

And...then the note to me. *studies it* If you are planning on raiding my movie collection you "won't get much," as my sister says. I don't have a movie collection. :P And my CD collection is kept under lock and key. :P If you would like to know why, I will tell you. For now this comment is long enough.

Regarding HMS Avalon, I would go and read and comment on her post but since she's writing a story and I am only coming in the middle of it I think I shall be completely lost. :( And I don't really have time to go back and read her previous posts. Please pass her my deepest apologies and regrets.

I look forward to your new posting schedule with glee! :D

See you tomorrow!

Kristen said...

I'm commenting again!

...Just to say that I just added my special For Kiwi file to my iPod. :D Can't wait for your reaction tomorrow. :D

Sarah S. said...

Sounds like this concert was quite a bit of fun. Remind me to tell you about my first *real* concert (Newsboys) sometime. Anyway, I just wanted to tell you I updated, which means you'll update at least a dozen times before I will again. ;)

Sarah S. said...

Oh, and out of curiosity, what part of the end of LOTR makes you cry? For me, it's the end scene of Aragorn and Arwen, because of what you know will happen to Arwen.

CrimeSceneFairy said...

:) Haylo! Yay New Years! :)
I would do a nice comment but i have about 3 minutes of internet time. >:(
Happy Phil Day
poop, Paul's leaving.
Yay-ish, Jody's coming back.
well bai

Daughter of Eve said...

Greetings Kiwifruit!

As I said on Tuesday at prayer, this is a very nice blog!!! I got to it from Heather's blog. I figured out you were Kiwi from Owan's blog, because you went to that concert together, and you are zombie in the Mongolian clapping game. That confirmed it!!! :^) If you do not mind, I would love to be a (somewhat) consistent reader! Of course, if you really don't want me... :^P See you on Sunday!

~Lucy Pevensie

Kristen said...

"I'm sorry, Jeff, I don't speak hype. Pete, can you translate?"

Down Under the Big Top arrived yesterday. Finally!

Be jealous, be very jealous.

Brittany November said...

Daniel Kirkley looks like a shrimp next to you ;)

Anonymous said...

That was SOOOOO MMMUUUCCCHHHH FFFUUUNNN!!!!!!!!! Thanks for introducing me to downhere. :)

Heather

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I tagged you with the interactive tag!

Heather

Anonymous said...

Okay..it's time for you to update, Kiwi..

Kristen said...

Who knows if thou shalt read this?

Hey, Dad would actually like to head off earlier than two. More like one. Can Rapunzel trade days with one of her co-workers, perchance? It shall be quite sad if both (or one of you) of you can't make it. I get down on my knees before your parents. If I thought tMac (or any of the others) were unChristian I would not be going on this trip. I'm very profuse in this area. ;)

So, it'll be from about 1pm to about 2-3am. :P If you're parents really want to pick you back up then, that's okay, otherwise we'll be camping out in the living room til 9:30am (because I have to go to Work at 10). I'll call you later today, hoping for a answer. Such pressure! :P Really hope you can come, it's going to rock. :D

Kristen said...

This is just for the sake of it. ;) :P