Written on 1-12-2009
Well here I am (in a river of questions/can I pour my heart out/to a listening ear :), sitting at the table in my room, being bored. It has been one week since I was Banned from the Computer.
*edits out big, long, boring complaint*
So.
My past week:
Last Monday, we went to the library and I found Steve Taylor's Squint cd. As at least one of you knows (and the rest should), Steve Taylor has been a big Newsboys influence for a long time. He has written and co-written many, many, Many songs. On Thrive and Go combined, he wrote five and co-wrote ten out of twenty-one. I wonder where the Newsboys would be now if Steve hadn't joined forces with them? Maybe they'd be just as popular, or maybe they'd have disbanded long ago. It's just an interesting thought for all you NB fans out there. I should ask Peter where he thinks they'd be w/out Steve Taylor if I ever meet them...Anyway, I like his music somewhat. He seems to have tamed it a little in the NB cds.
And on to another subject.
Tomorrow [keep in mind this was written last Monday] is Daniel Kirkley's birthday! Happy birthday, Mr. Kirkley!
Regarding Guitargirl's comment, which was "Daniel Kirkley looks like a shrimp next to you. ;)"
Here is a row of little frowny-faces for you:
>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
And, just in case I don't get to post again before it, Jason Gray's birthday is January 18th. Happy Birthday, Mr. Gray!
Last, but not least, Monkey's birthday is on the 15th. He'll be 8!
Anybody else have a birthday this month?
Back to this past week;
Tuesday: I did school. Big whoop.
Wednesday: Um. I went out and joined my bro and our friends in the woods. We got bored. The ice on the creek wasn't stable enough for us to go on it safely, and we can't do anything on the Stronghold until Spring or Summer, so we got bored and cold.
Thursday: School. I started an interesting book for History. It's called At Her Majesty's Request, by Walter Deen Myers, and it's about Sarah Forbes Bonetta. She was an princess from some tribe in Africa. When she was five, King Gezo (from another tribe) had his warriors raid her village, and they killed the rest of her family, but brought her back to King Gezo. Their intentions were to sacrifice her. Two years later, and Englishman, Captain Forbes, was visiting King Gezo (on a mission from Queen Victoria to try to stop King Gezo's major role in the slave trade) when the tribe was starting the ceremony of killing all these captives to 'honor their ancestors'. When Captain Forbes saw this seven-year-old girl about to be killed, he tried everything he could think of to stop it, and succeeded when he told King Gezo that Queen Victoria would never murder a child, and if Gezo did it then Victoria would not respect him. So Gezo offered the girl as a present to Queen Victoria. She was quite delighted with this girl, whom the Captain named Sarah "Sally" Forbes Bonetta (HMS Bonetta was the name of Forbes' ship).
Anyways, this book was quite interesting. I enjoyed it. Check it out sometime!
Shopping: Thursday Afternoon: Rapunzel needed new shoes, so I went with her to the mall. I found a cute pair of Bermuda shorts at Kohls, but didn't buy them *kicks herself. Hard.* At JC Penny's there were two really pretty prom dresses that we almost had time to try on. But, even though we had already checked the other stores, Rapunzel decided that we should go back through them in case we missed something. Hmph. I'd much rather try on dresses that I'll never buy than look for shoes that we'll never find. :P Friday: Rapunzel had an exam for her college studies (she's going into Gemology. Did I ever mention that? It's pretty cool.), which our friend's dad was proctoring, so I went down as well, and got to hang out with two old friends. Hey Mir and Abbie! They gave us belated Christmas gifts of bath salts (I got Cucumber Melon, which smells amazing), and a copy of the 2008 VBS songs. I remember all of them! And most of the motions. The only one I don't remember is #4, which I refuse to listen to. It was a horrible song. But I know better now. Never, ever, EVER tell your friends what VBS song(s) you hate. They'll torture you for the rest of your life. *coughzachcoughmirandacoughabbiecoughisaaccoughcough* Now I have songs humming 'round my head that I haven't thought of in months.
Saturday: I sat around and watched Monk. It was an all-day marathon, but I only saw the equivalent of 2 1/2 episodes; 1 full and three halves. I wish I could have seen more, but we had supper with someone from church. But we might get to see a brand new one on Friday.
To Skittles: I like Monk! :)
Sledding: Sunday: We went sledding at a nearby park. It was a big, steep hill. I got tumbled several times, and my leg hurts now.
Avalon and Catfreak: has the youth group gone sledding at church yet this winter? That hill is quite tame compared with the one we went down!
We made a train with fifteen people and about seven sleds, and went (or tried to go) down that way several times.
Written on 1-13-2009
Today is Daniel Kirkley's birthday. Join me in singing? *sings happy birthday to Daniel Kirkley*
I hear rumors [later confirmed] that the Newsboys have their new song on their Myspace and Facebook pages. I wish I could hear it! But I'm not supposed to be on the computer, and anyways, Angus has apparently taken a vow of silence. And even at the library I can't do anything because Mom blocked my access to the Internet. >:-( hmph.
It's cold today and to be the same for the rest of the week. +1 degrees with wind chills of -20 or lower. Ugh.
Phone call: Yesterday I got to call my friend, whom I haven't talked to since we moved four months ago. It was nice talking to her again. She gave me the lovely news that she is never, ever, ever going out with Jake again, which was wonderful to hear. (Jake is one of the Goons back in Cornland.) She still has a 'boyfriend' (even though she's only 12!!), but at least he's not Jake.
Anywho. I'll stop writing now and do more schoolwork.
Goodbye.
Written on 1-14-2009
Hellooooo, again. I'm bored. B-o-r-e-d, bored. Yesterday Mom and Dad told the four of us that we were to figure out some system that we could use about the computer. *cuts out a long, boring explanation of why we need a new system*
Also yesterday, we went out after supper and bought Monkey a paint-by-number set [which turned out to have no numbers on the little pots of paint! How do you forget to put the numbers on the pots of paint???] and a professional sketchpad, since he's into drawing now.
Today I did schoolwork (I got a 94% on my science test! :), painted a tad (I got an idea for stationary and notecards), watched T.V. ( love the Mythbusters. <3),>
Goodbye.
Written on 1-17-2009
Phone Conversation: hello again. :) I just got off a 1 1/4 hour phone conversation with m'dear friend Dagmar! (don'tcha just love free cellphone minutes on weekends?)
A comment poll: Who amongst you have 'sit-down-and-write-a-pen-and-ink-on-paper' kind of pen-pal? What is the hardest thing about writing back? I'll explain the reason behind the question later, so as not to influence your answers.
Dagmar and I decided that maybe when we're 18 and 20 or so and one of us has a car of her own, we'll take a four-day weekend and go somewhere far away on that Friday. On Saturday, we come up with alter-egos and go about the town as our psuedo-pselves. We could be someone else for a day or two. Wouldn't that be fun? Going somewhere and being somebody totally different and not having to worry about what people think of you? I might just change to flashy and flamboyant clothing, concocting outfits no one else would dream of wearing. And we'd never have to go back there again, and very well might never see the people again.
Ohps, Mom and Dad are coming up. Lights out!
Written today (1-20-2009)
Ho hum! I'm back on the computer! I like you Angus! (Iway alsoway ielay otay Angusway allway ethay imetay.) He's still not talking to us. Rrgh. Um, let's see. On Friday, I got to see a simply hilarious new episode of Monk. Did you get to see it, Skittles? I hope you did, it had us all nearly dieing of laughter.
Saturday I didn't really do anything.
New Concert: Sunday I went sledding and was invited to a (DUN-DUN-DUN) TobyMac concert by Owan and Heather! It's on Friday night waaaayy down in Illinois (several hours from here), and all sorts of peeps are gonna be there: The Afters, Newsong, Stephanie Smith, Francesca Battistelli, pureNRG, and the site says Brandon Heath as well. None of my Absolute Favorites, but hey, it's a free concert (Owan and co. won 8 tickets. If I had to pay, I don't think I'd go), and I like most of the people, and it can't hurt, can it? Unfortunately, Rapunzel can't go because of work. :(
Owan and three of her sisters get to introduce TobyMac....by video. That's how they won the tickets; there was a contest to make a video introducing them which, if chosen, would introduce TobyMac at the concert.
I'm pretty excited about going. Not quite as much so as with the Newsboys concert I attended 'way back in '07 or the Bethlehem Skyline concert I went to last year, but still pretty happy to go. :) Thanks for inviting me, Owan! Thanks for letting me go, Mom and Dad!
Monday I went to the library. I have decided that Inkheart is not a movie I want to see, or a book I want to read. The next books in the series are Inkspell and Inkdeath. The lady who wrote them also wrote a bunch of trashy 'tween' books involving ghosts, zhombies, and who knows what all. Ugh. My friend said a teacher reccomended it to her, and while Sis and I were standing looking at the poster in the library, a librarian came up and told us that she loved the book and can't wait to see the movie. I might look at the book, just out of curiosity, but I'm not going to check it out. Checking out a book is like giving a vote in it's favor, and I won't do that for a book I know isn't very good.
So, should I go ahead and finish up this post (it is pretty long), or should I finish up telling about the DH concert? I think I'll just finish telling about the concert. I'm sure you-all are tired of hearing about it already, and there's no use writing another post that no one will read.
Bethlehem Skyline Concert
Bethlehem Skyline Concert
After we got the pic with Lanae' and Daniel, we trotted over to Jason Gray. He was already talking with someone, so we stood politely to the side and waited our turn. As he wrapped up the conversation, he suddenly clapped his hand down on my shoulder. I guess to let me know he knew I was there, but it almost made me jump! 'Twas quite startling! We talked. Of course.
Jason had performed the only song by him that I know well ("Blessed Be"), and we thanked him for that. Jason said that he was afraid that everyone was getting tired of it, but we assured him it would take a lot more repititions for us to get sick of that song, because we very rarely hear it anymore. He told us to call our radio stations and ask for it. Then he posed for a nice picture with us. :)
Okay: Here was the highlight of the highlight of my evening. (remember that the highlight was getting to meet everyone.) I had not seen Glenn Lavender anywhere after the concert, so Rapunzel and I went over and asked his band mate Jason "Where is Glenn hidding?". Jason (Germain) told us that we should go hunt him down because he'd love it. So we did. Here is most of my conversation with Glenn Lavender:
"Pardon me, Mr. Lavender, but Jason gave us permission to hunt you down and force you to sign this."
"Oh, sure, no problem." He was packing up some things, but stopped to sign my book. Here's where it gets (even more) interesting.
"Can you sign it 'To Kiwifruit'?"
Glenn's head jerks up. "Who.. who's Kiwifruit??"
"I am!"
"You're Kiwifruit?!?"
"Yes!"
"I saw those comments and thought is was someone from New Zealand."
He signed my notebook with "To Kiwifruit!! Great to finally meet you!", then saw my ticket and offered to sign it, too. :)
And that's how the Bethlehem Skyline Concert Experience ended. I think that was a good ending, don't you? I was surprised that he recognized my nickname!
Thank you, Jason, Marc, Glenn, Jason, Daniel, Jaime, and Lanae' for making that such a good experience for me! I was very impressed at how friendly all of you were! I'll definately try to come to the next concert by any of you in my area.
Thusly ends my post. :) Farewell, all my readers!
~Kiwifruit
14 comments:
Yay, STEVE!
Let me join you. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
:D I feel better
Sorreh I'm partleh skipping some stuff...i feel lazy today and I'm mad at Digsby.
YAY, MONK!!!
this calls for a quote
darn, what's wrong with me? i cant think of a quote.
hmmmmmmm...................
Marci: Shoot him!
Monk: I don't have a gun.
Marci: You did in Mr. Monk and the Dragon's Lair!
Monk: ...What?
Marci: Oh wait, I made that one up. It's called fanfiction.
anyways...
YAY SLEDDING
*sings happy birday *
I suddenly forgot who Daniel Kirkley is..
wow. I feel sorry for 12-year-olds who have boyfriends.
wow. That's sad too. What kind of paint-by-number doesnt have numbers on the paint?
Purpose-ruiners
MYFBUSTERZZZZ!!!!!!!
I dont write letters anymore. And I dont has penpal. :'(
:D You mean Mr. Monk on Wheels? I bought in on iTunes and watched it. XD Twas hilarious!! I should watch it again, right now.
karma chipssssss
EEEEP SQUEEEE TOBY THE MIZAC!!!!!!
luckeh you.
goin to concerts and such and the like.
:P
man, i hate those tween books.
w00t!! :D Pictures!
*hugs Glenn *
You need to watch the two totalaxxess vids with Downhere in em. They're funnilarious. :D :D
Baibaiz!
I just realized how long my comment was. :D
So I decided to comment again for no reason.
bai
Apparently I missed a fantastic Monk Friday night, because both you and my mother said it was good. We only ever hang out with friends on one night, and that's usually Friday. :(
Good to finally hear from you! Hope you get your own computer someday! ;)
Oh, and Hex (aka BloggerCat) says hi.
Yay! That was a super awesome phone conversation! Thanks for calling me! You'll have to do it again sometime. :) And I still think that we should do the car trip together. Fun! :)1
TOMORROW! :D
We still have one ticket left. It seems no one likes tMac. *rollseyes*
Post a real comment soon...
*returns to comment*
Phil Joel had a birthday this month. It's Alyosha's birthday this month. My brother's birthday... Um. It was Uncle Johnson (The Same Anonymous Dude's) birthday this month. That's all I can think of.
*puts At Her Majesty's Request on her To Read list* Sounds interesting!
Trying on prom dresses reminds me of a quote from a book I love. From The Shadow of the Bear. One character, Rose, and her sister, Blanche, are in a thrift shop and Rose says something to the effect of "No shopping trip is complete without trying on something you'll never buy." :D
*is impressed with Rapunzel's college studies. Gemology sounds cool!
I feel I'm missing something. I've never seen Monk...
I wish I could have gone sledding. *weeps* I've only gone with the church once. I've been going to that church since I was, like, eleven. *weeps*
I'll let you hear In the Hands of God again, if you like. :)
I agree with Soul Skittles, I feel sorry for twelve year olds with boyfriends. That's sad.
*somewhat wishes the "long, boring explanation of why we need a new system" was left in*
*is appalled by the lack of numbers on the paint pots*
I had a pen pal a few years ago. She always took really long to reply, which saddened me, a bit. But she was hardly a close friend. I only wrote to her because her mom asked my mom if any of us would write to her daughter. Um, yeah. I tried to sit down and write back the minute I got the letter, otherwise I would forget. *shrug*
Alter-egos! I love them. :D Sounds like that would be random fun. :D
More sledding. *weeps*
I'm so glad you can come with us! Poor, poor Rapunzel. I'm really excited. I thank your parents for allowing you to come. :D
I don't want to see Inkheart either. I didn't really like the book. I sort of liked the beginning, but not the end. *shrug* It's not really tweenish... I've also read her The Thief Lord. It was pretty good, but I'm generally not much of a fan of her. It did have ghosts or zombies. Inkheart sort of does, I suppose.
Another bad picture of me. *crawls under a nearby table* That was pretty sweet with Glenn. :D He now know who Kiwi is! *is happy for you*
And, BTW, Dad is actually going to come for you at 1:30, I believe. The doors that we are getting in by open at 5 (we get in early, like I said) and so we'll arive half a hour before they open. A hour and a half before the pre-show starts. :D
We will be staying over at Uncle Johnson's family's house. :) We'll bed down in the living room, or something. You'll need a pillow, and some of us are going to have to sleep on the floor. Possibly. :D I think we'll be eating breakfast with them, too. We'll find out if we're eating there at the last minute. *rollseyes*
Can't wait! *bounces*
Yeah. Dad has confirmed a few things. We'll get you at 1:30 and we will be staying over at Uncle Johnson's place. ;)
And, whoops, I meant it didn't have zombies and ghosts.
No, The Same Anonymous Dude isn't a relative of mine. Uncle Johnson is just his nickname. *shrug*
They're really nice people. Big family. (Three boys, two of them being young kids and one being in college, and four girls, I think, two babies and two medium aged girls.) They used to live here in my town but they moved a year or two ago. :( Quite sad.
They're nice, like I said, and very sweet. The last time I saw the little girl (I've never seen the littlest) she was just learning to talk and was calling her brother "Ishic" and it was SO cute! :D
I hope you find a way to break this to your parents easily. :) I also hope it doesn't complicate matters.
Um. *has run out of things to say* My Dad isn't going to leave us at their house, if that helps your cause any.
See you tomorrow!
I'll be awake by seven tomorrow. :D Anytime between then and whenever works. Basically, call whenever! I'm free. :)
BTW, if this possibly helps, if you end up not being able to come we are not going to likely come up with a taker for your ticket. It will go to waste.
Also, my Mom says, "Tell her Mom to call me. I know the ---'s real well." :D Her and Mrs. --- are good friends. :) My Mom will be free bfore 9:30.
Lovely new profile picture. :D
Paul Colman is commmmmingggggg!! He's going to be here (alright, McHenry, a hour away) in July! Freaaaak ouuuuttt tiiimmmme! Eeeee! :D :D :D
Hey! I got to go to the huge Winter Jam concert!! It was AWESOME!!! I'll tell you all about it sometime. :) We saw- Toby Mac, (He was super amazing!) Barlowgirls, Stephanie Smith, the Afters, Newsong and Francesco Battestelli. It was super awesome!!! I can't wait to tell you all about it!
Miss Owan, you sure do love to comment! BTW, I want to invite you to my blog but don't have your email address. I'll try to remember to ask you for it at church. I am that type of person, FYI, Kiwi. :) I will do that, but I do have so much trouble writing back. It just takes sooo much time, and my hand always cramps. But if it's to one of my friends who does not use email, then I'll do it. And I do have a friend like that. But, sadly, we are both very bad at sitting down and responding to letters. I do prefer email, when available. :)
OGC! I'm sorry! I just mean that he's kind of short; that's all! I didn't mean to offend you or anything! I seem to be doing that a lot lately to people ;) Maybe I should just shut up...*Shuts up*
Post a Comment