Friday, September 19, 2008

We is Moved!!!

We are now settling in inside of the Cheddar Curtain! I'm so excited and can't wait to post pictures of my room! I didn't end up with the ittsy-bittsy room, like was the original plan, thank goodness! It is a lot smaller (the other room) than I had remembered--about 8"x11". Instead, I am living in a much larger room that is slightly minty-green. The new house has dark original wood work with glass doorknobs and most of the original light fixtures. It was built in the 1920's or 30's and is very square, with a little closed-in porch on front and a small mud room on the back. The house faces east with the garage on the north side, just a little further back from the road than the house. Behind (west of) the house is an empty lot, then a newer neighborhood with a small park.
On Monday we headed off early. Dad woke me up at about quarter past four in the morning, and I hurriedly changed, gathered my things together, and we left at five oh two a.m. Isn't that time awful? We drove for not quite half an hour to the friend's house where we left the truck. Then we tried to avoid little kitties who enjoyed sitting in front of the wheels of cars. We managed to not hit any. Then Rapunzel and I drove in the Astro, following Mom in the Maliblue, following Dad in the U-haul. Alllllll the way up to Cheddarland. About three hours. It was a long drive up there. Mom said at first "NO RADIO!" because it would distract Rapunzel. But for the last half-hour/forty-five minutes we listened to my Go cd, after begging Mom to allow us to. We had a cell phone in each car, so we could keep in touch. Anyway, we made it up here without trouble, did the final walk through of the house at eight-thirty, signed papers at ten, and owned the house by eleven. Busy, huh? But we weren't done yet. We still had to un-load the HUGE moving van. We started cleaning house right after our early lunch (actually my very late breakfast) because the previous owners had a cat. It shed all over the place! Even in the freezer! It took a lot of sweeping to get it decent. Several people from our new church came over and helped us move in, including my Bloggy Buddy Owan.
Yesterday we went back down and got a smaller truck load from storage and a friend's barn. (Hey Avalon! Did you get the note I left on your counter?) We're back home now, watching The Bourne Supremecy on TBS. It's interesting. Mom wants us to go to bed, but I think Dad'll let us watch the rest of the movie.
The first thing I unpacked on Monday was my paint supplies. There's space in my room for my paint table! And I can stay up later than usual because it doesn't affect anyone else. On Tuesday night, I stayed up until ten-thirty (instead of my usual enforced lights-out by nine-thirty) catagorizing my paint and deciding what I need more of. Part of yesterday and today I designed this year's Christmas card. It's all designed in my ideas notebook, all I need to do now is do the actual painting, scan it onto the computer, and design the inside of the card. My brain is working on next year's card already, although Mom says maybe we won't use it next year because it's so similar to this and last years' cards. So I came up with a fourth.
Judi tagged me the other day, but because of the length of this post, I'll fill it out tomorrow or day after.

Operation Post-It Update:
The latest count is sixty-six (66) comments. We're doin' good, peeps! I even left a note for Avalon while I was at her house picking up boxes, mentioning that she hasn't been on her blog in a while. She would have gotten it about five and a half hours ago, but there is still no new post. After I finish this, I'll go add a few comments, bringing it up to seventy. There have been quite a few clever comments on there! Maybe I'll do a 'Kommander Kiwifruit's Klever Komment Award' for those of you who came up with the wittiest words.

I need to get off now. The movie is ending, which means I'll have to go to bed soon. I will post with pictures of our new house as soon as possible.

TTFN!
~Kiwifruit
P.S. Did you know today is 'Talk Like A Pirate Day'? I thought it was later in the year, but it's not. Sadly, I missed most of it. SO.... I declare September 20th "Talk Like An Aussie" day. Tell me if you do it!
~Aussiefruit

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

DUDE!!! I'm glad you wound up with the bigger room. Small rooms suck.
I can't believe the comments are up to 66...that is so awesome...you had a great idea. :)
The Bourne Supremacy is awesome!! Did you see the Bourne Identity?? That one was my favorte.
-Judi

Anonymous said...

Cat hair in the freezer?! Ewwww! How on earth?

That's just odd. Strange. Weird. Unbelievable. &c. Did you take a photo?

Congratulations on being all moved in, mate! That's awesome! So you got the room on the West Wing. I was going to ask you that when I was carrying the box for the Master Bedroom and you were carrying your paint supplies up but, I didn't.

I never do Talk Like A Pirate Day. I'm not much for pirates anyway... Talk Like A Aussie Day is cool, however. Lots of G'daying and fun phrases like "it'll be apples" and "no worries." And Australian accents are fairly easy for me to do. (Even without trying.) I was talking normal to some guy at Lifest and he asked me were I was from because I sounded Australian! That was a sweet moment.
But I think I've lost that a bit in the last few days, probably from practicing a American accent so I'll brush up a little by seeing how well I can read my Australian friend's blog aloud. And various English books, I'll let you know how it goes.

Oh yes, listening to Newsboys is the best way to make long trips. On the way to your house Monday there was a truck that had a sign on the back of it that read, "I drive like you do." The nerve!

BTW, I have a whole bunch of extra CDs that I'm selling to friends/sisters for the money to buy Houston We Are Go. They're five dollars a piece. I've got seven Newsboys (Adoration, Thrive, Shine: The Hits, Newsboys Karaoke Vol. 1, Love Liberty Disco, Step Up to the Microphone, and Take Me To Your Leader) and 3-4 Jars of Clay, dcTalk's Supernatural, Phil Joel's Watching Over You, and two Petra CDs. I've got 19 all together (if you want a full list lemme know) and if you want to buy any of them just give me a yell and I'll bring them to church Sunday.

Of course, I got these CDs secondhand so they're not really in stellar condition but the inserts look good and the CDs themselves should play.

*goes to comment more*

hms avalon said...

Kiwi! I never got your note! I'll blog soon. ok, as soon as I comment this, I'll post. PROMISE.

- Avalon

Kristen said...

I don't know what happened but the 'boyz do tend to change the release dates around pretty often. They rarely get something out in time. Too much touring around. :P

Some people are gettting Houston We Are Go early though. Some of the Local Christian Book and Music stores are a little slow (slow to the news of a date change) and you can get it there. (Want to look in one of those stores for me?) And they're already selling at the Newsboys Merch Table (were they sell stuff before and after a concert.) On a side note, how big is your Tv screen?

It's nice to know you think I'm atleast slightly normal. Have you heard Phil Joel's song Strangly Normal, BTW?
I don't know but when I listen to something Phil Joel I laugh for the first thirty seconds (his voice is just so odd! Which is a horrid thing to say, I know) then I have to turn it off. I really can't bare Phil Joel solo for long.

Yes! Can't wait for the album! Habbibi's writing is so fun to read. Which song are you most looking forward to hearing?
*thinks they should call the new album "Inflatable Santa You Complete Me"* :p

Anonymous said...

What could a cat do to deserve the freezer? Or did it just like to sleep there? Perhaps we'll never know.

Nice talking to you in church! I'm so excited that you finally got to move up here to the land flowing with milk and cheese curds! LOL!

Ellen has a blog, right? What's the address?

Heather