Hmph. I'm disappointed. And I'm not going to go into an excessive rant yet (I'll save that for election day), but I will say this. I don't want all his Change. Pulling out the troops sooner? Making it easier to kill babies? And if we aren't careful, it's going to get harder and harder to homeschool.
Ugh. This'll be a long four years. Let's just hope people will have learned their lessons by the time 2012 rolls around and they vote for some real Change.
This was my Grandpa M. in 1980-something. Grandpa was born on April 5th, 1923 in the middle of a freak blizzard in Northern Illinois. He passed away on November 2nd, 2008. He was 85 years old. My Grandpa grew up on a farm, then started one of his own when he and Grandma married. He raised milk cows and Chester White hogs, then started on Cheviot sheep when my uncle wanted some for 4-H.
Grandpa had a massive stroke two and a half weeks ago. Then, almost exactly two weeks after that, he died. The visitation was Tuesday, the funeral yesterday.
We're betting he's sitting up in Heaven with my Great Grandma on my Mom's side, who left in January, picking on and teasing each other! She came up to visit us years ago, and we went to Grandpa's farm, and she was so tickled to be able to hear sheep because her family had sheep when she was little. And also, the Cubbies are probably winning up there! :-D
Most of my cousins came to the visitation and funeral (sorry you couldn't be there, Pooky's Girl.), along with some friends of ours (hey Miranda and Rachel! Thank you for coming.). It's sad that we get to see so many people we haven't seen in years because of this. Our land-lords from six years ago saw the announcement in the paper and came!
So, yeah. That's what's happening. I'm really going to miss him. And his poems! He was quite the poet, don'tchaknow. I'll try to post some of his poems on here, once I can find them. There's one about Grandma, starting from the day they met, and continuing on through the Window Mishap. But that's "a whole 'nuther" story and the poem explains all of it.
We all heard stories that some people, even Dad, had never heard before, like how when he was a teenager, Grandpa and some of his friends traveled around the county singing and playing guitar. We never knew he played guitar! But I'm sort of glad that he didn't see the result of the election. He would not be happy about it.
And that's all I have to say now, except that I'm glad that my life will be returning to some-what normalcy again. I'll even be (rather) happy to start school again! We've had almost three weeks off, and need to start it again!!
~Kiwifruit
P.S. Be prepared to repeat Evil Scheme Number 355,653,548 for HMS Avalon, who has not posted in three weeks!!
13 comments:
Your Grampa probably should have joined the Newsboys, sounds like he would have been an asset to their band.
I'm only just beginning to actually believe it. I keep thinking the whole election is a bad dream and I'll wake up soon. I did not think Obama was going to win. I guess I overestimated the intelligence of the American people.
Makes me want to move to China.
See ya' Sunday,
Heather
I think most of me knew that Obama would win..it was young college punks who voted for him...kinda stupid, really..but oh well, my mom says God has a plan in this, and she's right. So, i've just decided to pray for the safety of him and his family. God knows what he's doing..
-Judi
I, too, blow raspberries in the President-Elect's general direction. But I have two words and a number to brighten your day:
Palin/Jindal 2012! Or Palin and some other combo....
Kiwi! I so sorry I haven't been commenting! Already told you why. Sorry about your Grandpa.
*flings rotten banana pudding at Obama *
:D
I'm sorry about your grandpa. Sounds like he was a good man. At the same time, I think you're right about him being glad to miss the election results.
Hey, what about Mike Huckabee/Chuck Norris 2012? Mike could handle the actual governing, and Chuck Norris could swing the punks to the ticket and destroy any opposition. Period.
To answer your questions, I used the Gimp for the pictures and FeedBurner for the email subscription box. I'd be happy to walk you through the setup if you ever want to add it to your site.
Yeah, I wish Obama hadn't won. Grr. Well, in 4 years I'm sure the crazy people who voted for him will learn their lesson. : ]
I'm sorry about your Grampa. *hugs*
Thanks for calling me the other night! It was so much fun to talk to you again!!!
It is sad that the only reason friends get to see each other is because of a death. And I am outraged about the election. The rights for voting for where I live include the fact no idiots are allowed to vote. *sigh* This may knock out Bill Clinton as the worst president. But, I'd rather move to Germany than China, Heather. And, thanks for the call, kiwi.
~catfreak70
BIG HUG!!! I wish I could be there. Don't worry. I posted. Yes, I posted. Don't have a heart attack please. :)
I couldn't believe it. I was shocked and very traumatized.
**HUGE RASPBERRY AT OBAMA**
Oh, well. Maybe in four years...
Avalona
Hey! Sorry I haven't commented in forever! I have been so busy with school that I haven't had much chance to comment anywhere.
I definitely was not happy with the election results either. I just believe that it was God's will, even though we don't understand.
NaNoWriMo as left me a bad commenter. Sorry!
Yeah I knoooow! Why does MLA have to be so darn catchy? It's running through my head along with the Monk theme song. I LOVES it!! And downhere!! :D :D
It has come to my attention that you have posted a picture (your Grandpa w/sheep) illegally on your blog. That particular picture is copyrighted and you must get permission from the (world famous)photographer. My lawyers (Berkowitz, Klutzhiemer, Schmedly & Schmedly, Inc.) will be in contact.
Post a Comment