Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Kiwifruit and the Quest for Possum Cave

Kiwifruit the Daring and her *notquiteso* Daring Family headed off to SomewhereElse on Mother's Day, past Possum Cave Road, on the Search for the Good Pizza Restaurant. After succeeding and leaving the premises full and happy, they began the journey home. Little did they know that they would not head straight back, they would begin a Quest that would take them Miles and Miles out of their way!

Upon leaving the Good Pizza Restaurant, Kiwi's brother, Jordan Fruit, piped up from the middle seat.
"I wonder what's down 'Possum Cave Road'? Dad, can we go see if there's a cave on Possum Cave Road?"
"Why, certainly, son, I believe we could do that. What do you say, Mother Fruit?"
Mom Fruit agreed wholeheartedly, so they set off in their green van on the Quest (Quest Quest Quest) for Possum (Possum Possum Possum) Cave (Cave Cave Cave)!
They traveled towards the road they were to explore. Then a question came up: Which way to turn? Left or right??
"Right," Dad explained, "will lead us to the nearest hills. I shall turn that way."
Right, they found, lead them towards the nearest dead end, and the lowest, flattest, most valley-like hill they had ever seen.
Retracing their steps, the daring family plunged into new, formerly unexplored territory. Past farm and plain, past horse and cow (and, they believed, a yak), past tree and bramble. On and on they traveled, driven by the urge to find this elusive 'Possum Cave'. Keeping watch to either side of the van were Kiwi, Monkey, and Dad on the left, Rapunzel, Jordan, and Mom on the right.
Not a hill was seen. Unless this famous Possum had dug himself a Cave in the side of the ditch, Someone had given this street, this pathway, this means-of-getting-from-one-place-to-the-next, a very misleading name. Someone should be thoroughly thrashed!
The tired, unhappy, family, saddened by the uselessness of their seemingly important Quest, returned to their home in relative quiet. None felt like talking. Not one had the strength left to smile. All were wearied and disappointed.
"I say," said Kiwi, "I do wish we had saved that for another day. It sounded so interesting, and it was quite nice passing it and wondering what was at the end. Imagining the Cave and wondering why it was named after a Possum. Now, it is simply another road. Just like any other."
Her family nodded in agreement.
~Kiwi da Authoress~








P.S. I shall give my review of In The Hands of God at a later date. Let it do for now when I say that it's great!
P.P.S. None of you ever gave a satisfactory answer to my Discussion Question: Why does the top of the keyboard have a dollar sign ($), but no cent sign?

6 comments:

Sarah S. said...

Sounds like what your uncle would call "the scenic route." No, I don't know why they don't have the cent sign on the keyboard. I don't use it very often, but then again, I never thought ~ should have made it onto the keyboard....

Alayne said...

Oh, I am sorry, I didn't see your comment on that post until today............... anyway.
Yeah, I liked the Sleeping In answer too. Too bad I won't be able to hear it. ;) I do not have a single Newsboys song on there, but I'm thinking I should, because obviously it is obsessed with Hawk Nelson :-P. Luckily I get to go to Lifest this year! ...I am excited for that.
Letters is off of their new one, "Expect the Impossible" (ha, whaddya know, I almost wrote "Letters to the President" Maybe I am obsessed with Hawk Nelson! ...maybe I am suffering from a obsessive Hawk Nelson syndrome... jk). Ahem.
I should really go, because I need to get my art done in approximately 19 hours but 9 1/2 of those hours I am SLEEPING and I am going to leave in an hour for my friends youth group!

~FarmGirl4God

Daughter of Eve said...

What a brave family! Well, someday another adventure will turn into something really exciting! ;D Oh, don't you know why there isn't a cent sign on the keyboard? It's because people kept using if for a "c" when they were being lazy (not wanting to bend their fingers farther to reach the real "c"), and so it was removed. Besides, that eliminated that annoying key stuck in the keyboard between all those "F" keys and all the number/sign keys! Whereas, the "$" was kept because the real "S" key was right below their fingers, so there was no need to be lazy and use the "$"! There, was that satisfactory? :P

~Queen Lucy~

hksmitty said...

sorry for the delay in replying to your comment - That's no good bout having to do schoolwork through your summer. I can understand why you find it funny that I'm looking forward to winter break. we are sorta near where they filmed LoTR - you can see some of that area in the pics I've put up - where I am currently is 15 min drive from Hobbiton and all the other North island filming locations for both that and Narnia are well within 3 hours drive of either here or Wangas. Those mountains are bout 2 hours from either here or wangas (right between the 2) As for your question - here in NZ the sign for 'cent' simply is 'c' thats all I've ever known it to be pretty much ay - so in our case it can be found on the computer keyboard.

Daughter of Eve said...

@hksmitty: You live near where they filmed LotR??? You are lucky lucky lucky!!!!!! :D Wow, it's just beautiful. What about Narnia? They filmed that in NZ too...There must be a lot of GREAT scenery there. :)

~Queen Lucy~

CrimeSceneFairy said...

Haihai. Kewl adventures :) :) Too bad it was pointless. At least it makes for an interesting post :) w00t.
ITHOG really is great, isn't it? :D
I'm sorry we're not satisfactory unto you :P I don't think it's a satisfactory question *puff * JK. i really don't know though.