Friday, May 8, 2009

Directions To My House:

None of you have actually asked where I live, but I can tell you want to know. You sit and wonder, 'what does her house look like? Where in Wisconsin does she live? I wish she would let us know, just to satisfy my curiosity.' Prepare your curiosity for satisfaction, as I, Kiwi d. Fruit, reveal our true location.

1. Get into the state of Wisconsin. By plane, boat, car, whatever.

2. Seat yourself or your designated driver in the driver's seat of a car. Preferably your car. Don't steal one.

3. Drive along random roads all over the lower half of the state. Stay off Interstates, as they will not help you. Do not drive through the middle of large cities, as that will unnecessarily slow you. Stick to outskirts and the country.

4. Continue to drive randomly until you have this strange, irresistible urge to turn around in a person's driveway.

5. Pull into this driveway and, instead of turning around, park the car. You have reached your destination!

6. Go knock on the door and ask for Kiwi, identifying yourself as one of her blogreaders.

There. Now you can hunt me down! Isn't that great?
The reason for these (rather odd) directions is that our driveway ought to have a toll-booth. Everyone and their uncle find that they have to turn around in our driveway. We've sat in the living room and watched three or four cars turn 'round in one afternoon. I don't know what's so alluring about our driveway that everyone turns around in it, but there must be something. We figure that a toll booth should be set up.
We wait behind the lilac bush for some unsuspecting person to pull in, then swiftly lay out spike strips behind their rear tires. "sorry, ma'am, but we get so many people turning around here that there is now a $1.00 toll. Pay up!"

Also, we suspect that there's something historical about our house. Maybe someone important slept here. I would say Abraham Lincoln, but he was before this house's time. I say this because the people who don't turn around in the drive slow way down and take pictures. Sometimes they even pull into the drive some to take them! Maybe it's just picturesque, but I think it's something else.
After some digging in records, I discovered that this was Al Capone's other Wisconsonian hideout.** He had the well-known one up in Couderay, but there was also another, unheard of one further south. This is that southern hideout!

So, now that I've given you a few things to think over, I'll sign out with a picture.

Not terribly fascinating, but I think it's interesting.

A crack in Castle Rock. You can't even see the top of the rock!

Me in the same spot, only closer.
Until next time, I'm Kiwi da Fruit. (Next time, I'll just be Kiwi. ;-P)
~Kiwi~

**don't believe everything I say!

7 comments:

CrimeSceneFairy said...

XD That's amusing. especially about the toll. you should charge them for pictures too. :P just kiddun
Kewl pics :D

Kristen said...

*cough*Youandyoursisterlookalike*cough*

Ah! Awesomely clear instructions! Only problem, you forgot to mention all the construction they have to go by. ;)

Is your driveway on a straight, non-hilly road? *can't remember* If it is then your driveway bit is solved. Or else it's just that people from Yourville are horrible with directions... ;)

Are you sure you don't have something funny on your roof?

Daughter of Eve said...

Ha ha! Love the directions! I'll have to follow them and see if I can find your house. I could either take my car or Dad's Mustang...he'd probably prefer me to crash my own car though. :P :P Yep, I wouldn't get very far. :P I honestly have never been to your house. :( Don't even know what it looks like...Well, we shall have to remedy that this summer. You shall come over and have a complete tour of my house, and of the woods, too (that's fun :D), and then you shall have to have ME over. ;D Al Capone... :P People actually stop and take pictures??? Now that's strange. Kiwi, you are being spied upon!!! :O JK!! :P Well, I shall sign off by saying that I miss you DREADFULLY, and I will most certainly be at church NEXT Sunday...Are you going to the womens' tea?? :D

~Queen Lucy~

Anonymous said...

LOL! Those were great directions. Next time I'm out, I'll be sure and visit you! We'll have a lot of fun :P
I like the last photo. How high up did you have to climb?
-Judi

Daughter of Eve said...

Does Rapunzel have a blog??? Sorry, I'm just very very curious. Oh, I missed seeing you at church lots!! We spent the whole time Mom and Dad were there decorating for when Mom came home. :D Mother's Day! :D

~Lucy~

Daughter of Eve said...

Sorry, I'm leaving a LOT of comments. :P Looks like those rocks were fun to climb on! :D We went to Bear Mountain in New York (on the Hudson River) a few years ago, and it was so fun climbing all over all the rocks! ;D Is that S in the "zoomed-out" picture? I can't tell...I can definately tell the bottom one's you, though. ;D

~Lucy~

You need to come to the softball games! Yesterday Owan was there, and all her siblings too. :D What fun! Makes the game much more enjoyable to watch. ;) Of course, we need to really encourage Scott. He could've done better. :P Actually, they all tried their best. I think they just need to get used to all the running and get better at it. Don't worry, they will. (I think I said that mostly for myself. :P) Have you been on my blog recently?

Brittany November said...

Hey there!

Did you and Owan both go to the concert yet? I'm just wondering...

Um...did you get a lot of Hemet pictures?? *HintHint* ;)