Here is a post from 'way back in my first few months of blogging. It was originally posted on Sunday, June 15th, 2008, and was my third post. Enjoy!
A Eulogy, For Bob and Larry
By Kiwifruit
There's a lonely place in our house,
An empty space in my heart
Left by my dear old friends
Who last night did depart.
Better pals none could wish;
We had times together quite merry
Just the three of us
(Their names were Bob and Larry).
They were not simple folk,
Rather complicated instead
Not always complying to my wishes
When something else was in their head.
Sadly, the end came soon
On the day Larry met his fate
My brother wanted to play with him
And we got there too late.
A new fan was needed,
One we could not procure
We had to let Larry go that day
His death could neither be nobler nor truer.
Three days after Larry,
Bob bit the dust
A broken heart is suspected
I know I heard it bust.
Now when the office is entered
Two empty spaces meet my eyes
The spaces our computers filled
I hate all these goodbyes.
No new painting news, except that I painted a background for my poem. I mixed up enough grey-green paint to cover the paper (or so I thought). It gave out after I had painted one brush-width stroke across the top and another down the side. So I whipped up another batch of the same color and put a stroke down the other side and bottom, then used what was left to do some wispy cross hatching in the middle where the poem would be written. Once that dried I neatly wrote the poem on it in black ink.
S. and K. are fully recovered now, and the rest of us have avoided getting the bug. I don't want them sick all of the time, but there were some nice things when they were. On the morning of my first post they both slept until nearly 8:00, which is a record for them. Usually they're up and making noise by 6:30.
Did anyone else get some of those big storms on Thursday? They came through our area around 9:45 that night. The tornado sirens went off and the five of us rushed down to the basement and huddled there for a while, then Mom went up to check the TV. When she came back, she said that we could go back to bed, since the sirens were off and the weather maps showed it mostly south of us. About ten minutes later we heard the sirens start up again, so we trooped back down and sat around for a while. It was nearly ten-thirty before we went back up for good. Cedar Rapids got around 6 inches of rain, which is now working its way downstream towards us. That's a Lot of water!
Well, I'm going to go now. We're at my grandparents' house again and a slice of cheesecake is on the table, calling my name. A new computer should be entering our household within the next day or two, so I'll be writing more regularly.
Adios!
~Kiwifruit
HERE's a link to the original post so you can see the comments.
I hope you enjoy recycled posts! Not only do I like saving the web, it's interesting to me to see my old posts.
Adios!
~Kiwi~da~Fruit~
p.s. no song title in here. I'm having a hard time coming up with them. I'll take suggestions, but if I use yours you can't guess. :D Sorry, it'd make it too easy.
7 comments:
Love the poem. :P Oh, I hate it when we have to go down in the basement at night. In the day it's absolutely fine, but during the night, well, I don't like it! :P So I'm guessing those storms happened when we had all our storms too. I love thunderstorms, and I don't. They're fun, but they're not. Plus, out where we live, there aren't any tornado sirens, so we have to listen to a "weather radio" that just gets the NOAA stations, and starts beeping (REALLY loudly) when there's some sort of watch or warning. It's annoying when it wakes you up in the middle of the night for a storm across the state, though. :P
In reply to your comment on my blog -
Ooh, I like that idea! Should be very fun. >:)
I'm definitely game!
So Bob and Larry are--I mean, WERE--computers?
Heather
Awww, poor Bob and Larry. Whoever they were. Reminds me of Veggietales! That's a cool poem though. :D
XD I like the whole "recycled" thing. I'm sure you've gained the favor of millions of environmentalists in the world.
And I'm in on the comment scheme! Approximately how many are we going for?
We don't have any tornado sirens/warnings out here. There are civil defense alarms but I've never once heard them besides when they're tested to check they're still working (and that isn't ever full volume) NZ has had mini tornadoes before including one that was only 15 min outside of Hamilton last year (Hamilton is where I am for uni in case I hadn't told you) but yeah we don't get a huge number of them and then they're only mini ones. We're more at risk of a volcanic eruption, earthquake or tsunami here, than we are a tornado in my opinion. Or flooding. there's been a few major floods in the last 5 years.
I'm in :) The end will be Wednesday likely (for you that is)
Laterz
HK Smitty
You've been tagged! Go to my blog (a couple posts ago) to get it.
I think Blogger is great, but I do think they should have a messaging system. So I can contact you other than commenting on your blog. But whatever. So, to answer all of your questions:
I cannot live without music either! ...and I recently bought an mp3 player and I looove it!! Ahem. Well, I love writing, thus, I love English homework... most of the time.
The art class is an online art class at Florida Virtual Online School (er, something like that. I never really learned the name.), where you do the assignment and they have movies and audio directions and such. Then you either scan it in (which I do) or take a picture of it (which I think would be easier for you with your new digital camera! Congrats on getting that, by the way. Oh, and happy belated birthday, too. Anyway.) for the teachers there to grade it. It's pretty simple, but it is pretty fun. The school is open to anyone in the US, I think. Or maybe its worldwide. I don't know. But I do know you can be out of Florida to do it. I don't know if you can take it in the summer, I'm pretty sure you can, but I'm just using it to get an elective credit. If you want to look into it, you can go to www.flvs.net and click on the header, "Out of State Students" you can get more info on that. They also offer math and english courses, among other things.
I realize this comment is getting waaaay too long and I really should proceed to end it.
~Alayne
Post a Comment