On Easter I got to wear a new outfit, which was nice. (We're watching Mike Rowe in Dirty Jobs. Please excuse me while I go KILL him, or at least the TV. He's disgusting.) I would describe it to you, but there's no describing that skirt. It's bright, it's colorful, it's......it needs a picture.
Late in the afternoon, Rapunzel and I went for a walk and I took my camera (Lotsa pictures coming soon). We found a Dinosaur, we found Ducks, we found Gooses, we found broken cds, we found beer & vodka bottles, we found a Turkey....This is starting to sound like an "I Spy" book! We ended up walking for two hours and going 3 1/2 miles or so. There'll be a lot of pictures later.
Monday we woke up early and drove to Baraboo and the Circus World Museum, which is the Barnum & Bailey/Ringling Brothers' Summer headquarters. It was very interesting, but rather cool. They had a lot of old circus posters dating back to the early 1800's in the first building. There were also some floats from the '70s. Some of the other buildings had a scale model of the circus setting up, the box stall where Silver King (the greatest circus horse in history, according to the signs) resided, clowns, statues of some of the curiosities they had, etc. Plus two or three sheds full of circus wagons.
I got tons of pictures here. Now I just have to go through them and pick out a few to show.
Also on Monday, we drove north of Baraboo a ways to Castle Rock. Here's part of the Official Marker:
"You are standing on what was once the bottom of a glacial lake in which Castle Rock, the formation rising before you, was an island. Thousands of years of erosion by water, ice, and wind created the surface features you see in this area."
Y'know what I find odd? The fact that sandstone which is easily scraped and dented has lasted 'thousands of years'!! It's covered in graffiti, which is easily scraped in with a simple rock (not that I would know.... ;). How does that stand up for so long? At least they're not trying to say 'millions of years'.
Hopefully that satisfied your need to read something new on here! I'll continue posting later!
'bye!
~Kiwi~
6 comments:
Nifty! :-D Can't wait to see that pix! :-D
LOL! Yeah, seriously, I doubt sandstone could last that long!!! :P Really, they come up with some really ridiculous things! :P I gotta see that picture!! I didn't notice the skirt, probably because we just barely saw each other. :( Can't wait to get together and watch RotK!!! It was really fun watching TT!!
Hey Kiwi!
It's been awhile since I've been on here :(
I can't wait to see those photos..did you get any of the vodka bottles?? jk
We need to make Avalon update soon..it's been awhile *sadness*
How have you been?
-Judi
Poooooooooost!
Hey Kiwi -- how about this for a comment -- UPDATE YOUR BLOG YOUNG LADY!
Aunt B
PLEASE POST SOOOOON!!!!! I'm missing reading your posts! :D
Post a Comment