Saturday, September 6, 2008

I Drove Today!

Just a quick little note to keep Miss Judi satisfied. ;-P
We had a load of junk that we took to the dump today, so guess who drove! It was my first time on the road, and let me tell you, fifty-five miles/hour is a LOT faster when it's you behind the wheel! My brother, who comments with the name 'Asdef' so I'll call him that, rode along, and it wasn't bad enough that I was rather a little freaked, he had to whimper and squeal too. I'm not taking him along next time. He's too distracting.
After we went to the dump, Dad had me drive out west of town to Avalon and Catfreaks' place, so I could show off my new skills and get a bit of practise driving on gravel. That was better, because the road was deserted and I could drive at a more comfortable pace--about thirty-five to forty. Unfortunately, they have cats and a dog, which made it even more frightening trying to avoid hitting one. I think I killed a butterfly, but thankfully, that was it. A moment of silence for the poor butterfly, please.

Okay, that's enough. So I still find driving fun, but it is just a little nerve-racking. We need to find a nice, large, yellow magnet that says, in black letters, "WARNING: STUDENT DRIVER". Dad said maybe we should get some flashing yellow lights to put on top while we're at it.

I packed up all my paint supplies yesterday. :-( I miss them. Hopefully, I'll get a good enough sized room to put my paint table in.

Well, my friends, that's all I have to say at the moment. Comment away! By this time, a week and a day hence, we will be either unloading the u-haul or done with that and on to organizing the boxes at the new house. See ya!
~Kiwifruit

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait until I get my learner's permit *sighs* I won't be taking along my sisters...they'd shout random things at me and cause me to wreck.
BTW, you're bugging worked. Man in Uniform part IV is up...i'm trying to remember if I already told you that. :P
-Judi

GEE MA said...

Hello Kiwifruit, This is just so you'll know I read your "I Drove Today" post.

GEE MA
PS. I'll be sure and call to make sure you're home before I venture out again. Or maybe I'll help Dad find that warning sign. :)

You will make driving mistakes. Survive them, learn, don't repeat; but remember it's cheaper to learn from other people's mistakes. You don't have to do them all yourself.

GEEPA

Anonymous said...

I love your profile pic...where'd you get it??????????????
-Judi
PS: What was the "hinthint" for in your comment on my blog because I didn't get it :P

Anonymous said...

*SIGH*
UPDATE!!!!! I'm getting impatient again. :D
I wrote something non-fiction on my blog today, but you're not allowed to read it until you update your blog.
-Judi

Anonymous said...

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!