Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Closing Date!

Dear friends and readers of mine, I bring thee joyous tidings: we have a closing date! We are closing on the Cheddar Curtain house (if you don't get that, read the post from Wednesday, August 27, titled "IT'S DONE!!!!!! WE'RE DONE HERE!!!!!!!!") on Monday, September 15--the same day the renters close on this house! Isn't that great?!?! We're packing up a U-haul and cleaning house on Saturday. I think Mom said the renters want to move in a day early, so on Saturday night through Monday morning we'll be at my grandparents'. And then on Monday we'll head up to the new house and, after signing a few papers, start moving in! I can't wait!
So we might have an extra Sunday here, and we might not. It all depends on how fast we get everything out of the house and clean. One item of good news is that this means we will get to go to the ball game on the 26th.
I need to get off now, this was just a quick update. TTYL!
~Elated Kiwifruit

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! I'm so excited for you. What color is your new room going to be?
-Judi

Anonymous said...

PS: I was going through some of your old posts and I found your goodbye poem to Bob and Larry...
Hee Hee. :D
-Judi

GEE MA said...

Hey Kiwifruit, Double YAY!! Now for some serious packing -- and hate to say it but unpacking too. But maybe that will be the fun part.

Bet you'll never guess who this is. Or maybe you can. Didn't think I'd ever read you blog, did ya. Well, miracles of miracles, here I am.

GEE MA

Kiwi da Fruit said...

YESSS! You finally read my blog! Hoo ray! Y'know, Gee ma, now that you have a Blogger account, you really need to start a blog. ;-D

Judi: I'm not sure what color it'll be. There are four bedrooms on the second floor, and if I remember correctly, two of them are a rather pale yellow, the master bedroom is a pinky-peach, and I'm not sure of the fourth. Pale green, maybe? Mom and Dad want to give me the smaller yellow one, take the larger yellow for themselves, and use the master bedroom as the schoolroom. There's still quite a bit of debate going on over who gets what. Rapunzel's definately getting the downstairs one, but other than that, I don't think anything has been decided yet.
~Kiwifruit

Anonymous said...

Yay! *felicitates*

Hope you get to go to the Cubs game! I'm not in IL as you know but around here we're Cubs people (since my Dad is from there). Watched them play Houston last night, went to bed with the two tied seven to seven. I do wonder who won...

You should take a break from the evil and unmentionable packing cases and come up here on Saturday for Talent Night. It's a load of fun and you'll be sorry if you miss it. *wiggles eyebrows*

Kiwi da Fruit said...

The game went into extra innings and wasn't done until nearly midnight. The Astros won in the eleventh inning--9 to 7. I listened to most of it on the radio up in my room, but I think I nodded off during the bottom of the eleventh. Next thing I knew, I was listening to the post game, and hearing them say that Cubs lost 9 to 7. :-(
~Kiwifruit
P.S. I don't normally stay up that late, in fact, I'm supposed to be in bed by 9:30. But, technically, I was in bed, just not asleep!

Anonymous said...

I finally got my room painted last week. It's kind of a dark pink called Vintage Kiss.
My mom and I both love it.
-Judi
PS: You only have one sibling?