Friday, June 26, 2009

paintings


Here's a quick picture of my latest painting project:

In Victorian times, different flowers had different meanings. The pink rose, for example, meant "friendship," while the Pansy meant "loving thoughts." Here I sketched out a zinnia, then filled it in with color. The zinnia means "thoughts of friends," and (hopefully) will be in my next card!
~Kiwi~

(to view it better, click it.)

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Daughter of Eve said...

*gasp* Oh, how lovely, Kiwi! I wish I could draw and paint like you. Lovely writing, too. :) I miss you!!

~Queen Lucy~

Brittany November said...

Pretty :)

Daughter of Eve said...

Did you not go to the wedding reception??? :( :( :( I didn't see you anywhere!!!! And I was really looking forward to talking to you... :(

CrimeSceneFairy said...

Oh hi there! :D Cool picshah :D *zinnia for you * *zinnia for everyone i want to comment on my blog already *

netsirK said...

Wow, that's really cool! I never knew flowers were so deep. XD I really like the pansy, it's so cute! :)

And thanks so much for commenting on my blog! :D It was so nice to get over 2 comments.

Kristen said...

"A closed foot recieves no mouth." :P :P

Anonymous said...

Hooray for paintings! I wish I could draw like you...my straight lines wobble and my flowers look like Christmas tree ornaments :P