Tuesday, June 30, 2009

hola, folks!

Hello. I just noticed that it had been a few days since I last posted, so I decided to post again. :D
Today, Sis and I are going to the mall with Short Stuff, J. Shrimp, and KK. Mom and Dad are in IA, sorting stuff out about our other house. The people living there now are moving out on Sunday, so we have to go down Sunday afternoon/Monday morning to clean the house before it's put back on the market. *sigh* I don't like cleaning house after us, much less people I don't even know! I hope they leave it neat.

Saturday's wedding was pretty. The bride & bridesmaids had pretty dresses....You know how some bridesmaid's dresses couldn't be worn anywhere else, no matter how much people say "oh, you could wear that many other places"? These you could wear to church. They were nice, but not terribly fancy.
They didn't decorate the church much, just some flowers around the candles and on the reserved front rows. Julie's colors were blue and yellow. My friend Short Stuff made the cake. I hope she puts up a picture of it! We didn't get to go to the reception, so I didn't get to see it. :(
Our neighbors invited us over to a cookout in their front yard. It's the thought that counts. It was very nice of them to invite us, but it was so.....boring....! Everyone there was 40 or so, and they all knew each other, but we didn't. Most of the half hour spent there was listening to other's conversations. I wish I could have gone to the reception instead. There was food and cake and dancing, and even a double rainbow! *doublesigh*
On Sunday we had Kris and her sister over for lunch and volleyball. It was impromptu, which made it all the more fun!
Volleyball was okay, but I'm never going 3 weeks without playing volleyball again! I wasn't at my best. And then we had extra players, so we rotated into the serving spot. That doesn't work for me. I can't just leave the game, then come back 5-10 minutes later and serve well.
By the way, does anyone know a polite way to say "Andy (or fill in any name) that was my ball! Go play in your own 'zone' and let me play in mine!"? Because saying it that way sounds mean, but sometimes it needs to be said!

Yesterday I hung around for a while, then Sis and I went to the church ballgame. 'We' won two out of three games! I wish I was good at baseball, but I hate batting. I'm not good enough to hit consistently, and I feel silly standing there, striking out! My catching isn't too bad, and I love running. Need to work on my aim some. I think I'll just stick to volleyball.
'Twas mildly annoying. I sat between a girl named Kelsey and a boy, Evan, during one of the games. There was one conversation 'loop' going on from Kelsey on down the bleachers away from me, and another 'loop' starting with Evan and headed away. So I was kind of stuck between two 'loops.' It wasn't all bad, I guess, but sometimes when I came in at the end of an interesting-sounding conversation, or I couldn't really break into a conversation....

Okay, I'll leave you with a few pictures:

That's the oil painting I did a month or two ago.
Here are the outside and inside of my latest card, the one I was talking about in my last post.

Front:

Inside:
(I know it's sloping downhill here, but in the actual card it is straightened and done in 'stairstep' style.)

Last, but not least, is the painting I did for the Downhere tee-shirt contest. I ended up not actually getting to put it on a tee shirt because of lack of time. Instead, I just did the postcard entry, with that on the postcard. Across the sun is supposed to be "Hope is Rising," but I didn't put it straight onto the painting. I just added it digitally.
Oh, I almost forgot.
I'm thinking of doing the "Feeling Feminine Challenge" next week, just for the fun of it. I don't think that skirts are always more modest than pants (it all depends on the skirt or pair of pants itself and where you're wearing it to), but I have noticed how I act differently (different?) when wearing a skirt. I will wear pants for volleyball, though, because in my opinion they're more practical. Would anyone care to join me? We can blog about it together, and post pictures!
Maybe some of the girls who live nearby? *coughShortStuffJShrimpKKLadyFlorimelcough* :D
So, that's what I'm up to. :) What about you-all? What are you doing? Does anyone have an answer to my volleyball-related question?
See ya!
~Kiwi~

8 comments:

Kirsten's Korner said...

Yes, I have one volleyball saying that I use sometimes. Well, with the person that I think you are speaking of, it doesn't work all that well, but I always try! I usually say (is a sweet sarcastic sort of way)... "This is MY spot, and THAT (I point of gesture to where he/she is standing… or is supposed to be standing.) is YOUR spot." Or you could scream in their face, "BACK OFF!" but that would be a very sad way to end a friendship.

I am sorry that you didn't get to go to the reception. I missed you. Not a lot of people wanted to dance. I did get pictures to show you of the cake. And also pictures of Mike 'poking' the cake. I also got pictures of the bride and groom getting out of the train.

See you later today!
~KK

Kristen said...

I hope your having fun at the mall right now! :D Pretzels, maybe?

Ew. I'm sorry you, cleaning up after your renters doesn't sound fun. I'm sure it will be great once it's clean and all.... Sing a silly song well you're doing it. That'll fix things.

I've only been to one wedding where they went all out with the decorations. That was (8?) years ago, though, so I barely remember it. Her parents are probably still paying for that wedding, not just for the decorations but for everything else, the food, ferry rent, fireworks, etc., etc., etc.... It was a huge wedding. ;)

I'm sorry you were bored at Saturday's cookout. :( Even your sister wasn't there to keep you atleast a little company. :(

The food at the reception wasn't really what I expected. I kind of expected them to spend a little more time/money on it. It was good all the same. I drank a lot of root beer. Good stuff. :D
There wasn't a whole lot of dancing at all. What there was was fun too watch, we've got some good dancers in our church, I found.

The next time my great uncle visits and starts teasing me about boys I shall inform him that I had two men requests that I dance with them. I refused both offers because I am a horrid dancer, but I did almost give in to one of them, they do plead so. :P We'll see what my uncle has to say about that. It'll probably just result in more teasing...sigh.

Sunday was so much fun! I really enjoyed it. Thank you for inviting us. :)
About volleyball: have someone on the opposite team yell "ball hogger!" whenever he does that. Or yell an obnoxious "mine!" whenever the ball comes even roughly in your direction or towards your section). I could end up to be a horrible ball hogger, you know. Or so my sister tells me. :P

How did your team do? I didn't think I did too bad. Alex was our team captain and he told me to serve first in our second or third game which must mean something :P I also got a few compliments for various things. Our team still did pretty bad, I think we lost all the games we played but one. Oh well, whatever. The score doesn't mean as much as it could to me. ;)

We won! We rock! Woot-woot! :D I was sad when the C team lost.... Weeeeeeeeeep. They've only won once so I feel bad for them.

As of now I haven't gotten over the second B game. I had way too much fun with that cheering thing, I still feel all happy. :P Or maybe it's because I'm in for a good two weeks. Everything is looking good right now. Except the fact that I'm going to miss church the Sunday after next. :( :( I sad.

You don't like batting? Shame! I like batting. It's the only part of baseball that I like. The running that immediately follows I don't like. Just the swinging and hitting.

What do you mean by loops? You must tell me all about it sometime as I'm just a little confused right now.

Those paintings are so lovely. You've got too much talent. Mayn't I have some of it? :P

If you do the challenge don't forget to post pictures! :) I am of the opinion that skirts are always as modest or more modest than pants and as a result I don't own a single pair of pants. Hence it doesn't really seem logical for me to join in the challenge.
(You don't think skirts are practical when playing volleyball? Seriously? Well, I guess I can see that for some skirts, like pencil skirts or really huge skirts... How can you wear pants in the heat, though? And do you ever get sand up your pant leg(s)?)

Looooong comment. You like?

Kirsten's Korner said...

I think I will try the challenge. It sounds fun! We can all do it together!

~KK

Daughter of Eve said...

I am so unhappy and jealous!!! :( Okay, so I try not to be jealous and try to be cheerful, but it's so hard when I know most of the other girls and guys from church are having fun playing volleyball and I'm stuck at home. :( :( So please forgive me if I sound a bit unhappy. Glad you have fun, though. :)

The Feelin' Feminine Challenge sounds really fun, and I would do it, but what's the point? I can't blog about it anyway! At least, I can, but hardly anyone could see it. Do you think I still should? Would you start Sunday or Monday? Okay, I'll try it anyway! :)

~Queen Lucy~

P.S. I'm really sorry about what I said in the beginning. I'm getting over it, and I truly am so happy you can all go and hang out together and have a great time. :D

Zoe said...

I'll do the challenge with you, even though I already wear skirts all the time! lol! I am sure it will still be fun to take pictures and stuff though.

~Zoe

CrimeSceneFairy said...

PRETTY PICTURES.
Really, I likes them :D
specially te Zinnia.
i think it's funny how cursive Z looks like russian Z.

eh.
Sorry i dont has anything to say :(
"I speak English."
"Or really? Prove it!"

Anonymous said...

I saw you updated about not doing the FF challenge until next week - but let me know when you do start. The ladies at FF always enjoy getting to see others doing it and I see you're gonna have a few friends to do it with you! Have fun. :)

Miss Jocelyn (owner of FF)

hksmitty said...

I really like those paintings/cards of yours (on a side note I notice on your to do list one item is to sell some to a non-family member - any chance I could buy any if I were to cover the cost of postage to NZ as well as the price you want?? - I realise that might not be possible let me know either way ;))