I'm so bored. I'm depressed. On days like this I haven't got a clue what I'm doing and feel like I've got no talent. Please don't tell me I do, I'll just disagree with you. That's the way today is. I tried to work on my paintings, since I finally found a frame, but they wouldn't work. Please do not mention the subject matter of the pictures of the paintings I put up. I can not stand to hear or see that word again. We looked them up on the internet, trying to find a good idea for the color scheme of the third one. I saw just about every single butterfly known to man. And not a single one of them was what I wanted. Oh rats. I just used that dreaded word.
Yesterday, my friend Kim and I went and walked a long ways into the country. Actually it wasn't that far, just a long ways to walk without water on a hot day. I'm guessing it was nearly 2 miles out, then we had to walk back. Why is it that I never remember that I have to go back to where I started? On the way out I was just fine, but as soon as I looked back and saw the town it seemed like it would be forever before I got home. Time has never moved so slowly. I was out for just over 2 hours. On the way back, we passed some mulberry trees growing along the fence line, so I jumped the ditch and picked a handful of the ripe ones. Not as good as water, but at least they were juicy!
Today we all went out before lunch, just because none of us could stand being in the same house another day! We ate at Culvers, then went swimsuit shopping for Rapunzel and me.
WARNING: BOYS MAY NOT WANT TO READ ANY FURTHER, DUE TO A LONG PASSAGE ABOUT CLOTHES SHOPPING!
Does anyone personally know a swimsuit designer? If so, please tell me how I can contact them to give 'em a piece of my mind! Kohls has some nice swimsuits. I prefer one-piece, but the only ones they have there are for older women, and they are black, dark blue, or dark green, boring and mostly in the plus sizes. Since there were no nice one-piece, we looked at tankinis. Why is it that they (meaning swimsuit designers and everyone else who is involved with this scheme) think that all girls want skin showing between the bottom of the shirt and the top of the shorts? Most of the tops were way too short. And then you have to take out all the deep v-necks, and the key-holes, and you're left with a very small selection. Next remove all the ones that aren't your size, and all the ugly ones, and any that just don't look good on you. Rapunzel and I ended up getting (gulp) matching tops and very similar shorts. This ought to be interesting. We've been asked more and more often if we are twins. I suppose we look alike; nearly the same height, similar haircut and color, and sisters usually look somewhat alike. At Culvers today, she and I went up to get ice cream and the guy who served me asked "Are you two sisters?". We nodded. "Twins?". "No, but we're asked that a lot. She's two years older than me." I replied. Mom said that next time we're asked that, I should say "Yes, she's the older one by two years." and see if they notice. It's a good was to check if they're really interested or just asking to fill time. Anywho, now that we have (nearly) matching swimsuits....
OKAY, THE SHOPPING DISCUSSION IS OVER NOW!
Well, I need to go now. Mom will be here any minute now to chase me off the computer and tell me to "go to bed".
"It's hot in my room, I don't want to go there."
"It's bedtime. Go."
*sigh* "I won't get to sleep until ten-thirty at the earliest."
"Well then lie there and pretend to be asleep. Go to bed."
"Yes, Mom. Goodnight."
"Goodnight."
O.k. that's not totally fair to my mom, she's not doing it to be mean or as a punishment. But I still don't want to go!
I'll post again later.
~Kiwifruit
P.S. I just remembered. Looking over my swimsuit at home, I discovered two tiny little holes in the top that are spreading. Now we have to hope that the other Kohls in our area has the right size, or I still don't have a swimsuit.
6 comments:
That is quite depressing. : ] Just kidding... I enjoyed the swimsuit part quite a bit though. So do you get all your swimsuits at Kohls? What does you new one look like?
No, we don't get them all at Kohls. Actually, I don't think I've ever gotten any there before. This one is a tank top with brown straps, then light brown, creamy white, light blue, and dark brown stripes. And then the straps are attatched with mottled brown rings. It's pretty cute! And then there I got a brown skirt bottom to go with it. The nearest Kohls didn't have another like it, much less in the same size, so we'll have to try and find a way to fix it.
Hey kiwi! Let's go puddle-jumping! smiley says it will help you feel undepressed. Plus you could wear your new swimsuit!! Call if you're not too busy being depressed.
; ) Avalon
Hi, I was wondering if I could add your blog link to my blog. I've been reading your blog for awhile, I just kept forgetting to ask.
-Judi
Judi: Um, I'll have to check out your blog first, if you don't mind.
~Kiwifruit
Don't worry about it. I probably should've thought that one through. That's okay, though. I just now read your 'About Me' part. I didn't realize you were an artist. I am too, but I don't usually work with paints. I like pencil drawing. I may not be very good at it, but I still do it. :)
-Judi
Post a Comment