Monday, June 30, 2008

So, here I am again, on a gorgeous Monday morning. We're at my grandparent's house again today, like we are most Mondays, and their keyboard is really hard to type on. I know, it's totally random, but sticky keyboards are hard to get used to. I'm having to watch my fingers as I type to make sure I'm doing it right.
Anyways, the latest butterfly painting news is this: I have a brand-new color scheme. All I'm going to say about that is that it's similar to the colors at Rapunzel's grad party. Dagmar and Avalon know what I'm talking about, but sorry Zoe, Judi, and Jamin, you three will have to wait until I post pics of the finished product. I also found a picture frame to put it in. It's white and has the three frames I wanted, one above the other. (Man, this keyboard is driving me nuts!)
Yesterday we woke up extra early (5:45 to be exact) and went to the church up in Wisconsin that we'll be attending once we move. I have to be honest, I really didn't want to go. At all. But it turned out way better than I thought it would. Saturday evening I was quite a pessimist and so was sure that nothing would go right, but we had a good time. There are a lot of girls around my age there, some younger and some older, but at least two of them are sixteen. It's going to take me forever to be able to remember all the names and match them to faces! I can only remember six of the seven girls I met. No wait, make that six out of eight. I guess that's not too bad. (Sorry, girls whose names just flew my mind!) At that church, everyone just stands around talking for a LONG time after the service ends, which is nicer than leaving right away. After we left church, our family had a picnic lunch in the park, then went letterboxing. We found one of the two we were after, but the second was quite elusive and was no-where to be found. When we found the first one, we were stamping it in our notebook and everything, when Dad found a Geocache hiding nearby. So that was pretty cool.
Grandma just finished fixing my swimsuit and I'm wearing it while typing. Later, after I've made the shortcake for Strawberry Shortcake, I'm going to go out and read my very boring book while lying in the sun. I'm working through Nicholas Nickelby by Charles Dickens, and Oh My Goodness, is it ever long and boring and wordy! I'm to page 530 something out of 722. I've counted the words in some of the longer sentences, and the longest was about 155 words! Lots of commas and semi-colons in there! But I have to finish it. Just as I'm getting to a part where it seems it would be easy just to give it up, something interesting happens and I keep reading. Ooof.
"Thank you, Jamin, for suggesting reading Dickens!" She said sarcastically. :-D
Now I'm going to get off of here and go make Strawberry Shortcake (I know you're not supposed to capitalize letters in the middle of a sentence, but words as lovely and delicious-sounding as 'Strawberry Shortcake' need that kind of recognition. :-). Then I'll either watch a movie or go snooze. I should probably work on That Book.
Have a wonderful day, y'all!
'Bye!
~Kiwifruit

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Note to self: Never read a book that Jamin suggests. :D Just kidding.
I'm glad you like the church. Meeting people has always been a struggle for me. I'd rather leave as soon as the service ends. Siblings prevent me from doing that. *Insert glare*. :D
-Judi

Anonymous said...

Hey! I love your blog. Come see mine! <3
~catfreak70
P.S. this is Jenny..

Dagmar said...

I'm glad you liked the Church. It's a good thing you got your swimsuit fixed. : ]

hms avalon said...

oooohhh... the new scheme for the butterflies will be awesome with those colors! I can't wait to see them framed. I read the abridged Tale of Two Cities by Dickens, 'cause otherwise I would've fallen asleep!
Say hey to Rapunzel and the "anonnymouses" for me!
judi- I'm with you about meeting new people. It doesn't come natural to me.
Talk to 'ya later kiwi!