Wednesday, June 18, 2008

More pictures

Okay, now I should be able to at least show you step 2 in my butterfly painting process, and hopefully the finished product. After tracing the outlines of the printed butterfly pictures and adding the details inside, it was time to put some color in. I chose blue and yellow for the first one.
I really like the way the finished blue one looks. No, it's not exactly like an existing species of butterfly, but it looks good for the picture.

Next I painted the one with the flower in the circle. That will go in the middle of the three-picture frame. Note that, while it's not exactly the same, I put a blue in that's very similar to the one in the first butterfly.
I don't have a close-up of the third one, but here are all three. I wasn't happy with how the third picture turned out, so I did another. I'm still not completely satisfied, but I can always make a few changes. I don't think the purple and pink go with the other butterflies. Here's the last two:
So. There are the pictures. Now I need to decide what else I want to talk about. I did a couple of sketches of flowers yesterday. Two are pansies, a yellow and a purple one, one is a dianthus, and the fourth is a wild rose bud that I picked. Yes, I know I should have let it bloom, but the bud itself is so pretty before it blooms. The purple pansy turned out quite well.
Today Rapunzel and I are going to bike down to our friends' house and make a music video (hopefully). It's to "Go" by the Newsboys (who are incredibly super cool, by the way:>), and maybe I'll put it on here so all y'all can see it. But that depends on whether or not we actually get it done or not. It's been in the works for nearly a year now, ever since I got the Go CD. And then I have ideas for at least two other videos, but they haven't been rehearsed and I might do them with another set of friends.
The trains are coming back through now. They were stopped by the flooding in Cedar Rapids, but now they're coming by more often to try and catch up with all the trips they missed. It was nice and quiet without the trains.
We are showing our house on Saturday. Oh, I didn't mention that before, did I? Nearly a year ago, Dad got a new job in another state. So we put our house on the market and are still waiting for it to sell, since we can't afford a new house until this one sells. So we're showing the house on Saturday. Actually, this morning we had to get up early to clean so that our realtor could show some other realtors through so they'd be familiar with the house. I cleaned almost non-stop for two hours, then we went and parked in the parking lot behind our house to wait until they were done, since it was only supposed to take about fifteen minutes. They came and were here for about five minutes (it couldn't have been more), and left. All that cleaning for five minutes. Oh well, at least that means we won't have to clean as much tomorrow and Saturday.
"And that's the news from Lake Wobegon, my home town..." to quote Garrison Keillor.
I'll post again tomorrow or day after with news about the music video and various other stuff.
Au revoir!
~Kiwifruit

8 comments:

Jamin said...

Wow! Those are good paintings.

Kiwi da Fruit said...

Thanks, Jamin!
~Kiwifruit

Matt said...

Good luck with the video. I can't wait to see what it looks like. Just make sure you do it legally. :)

Matt said...

Not that I think you would do it illegally. I merely mean be careful.

Say, have you ever read The Rebelution? It's a blog written by two teenage homeschooled brothers, Brett and Alex Harris. I think you'd like it. The link is: http://www.therebelution.com/blog/

Let me know what you think. For what it's worth, I like it. :)

Dagmar said...

Way to go Kiwifruit! Those are some pretty sweet butterflies! I can't wait to see the video! (You will let me see it when it's done right...?)

Kiwi da Fruit said...

Matt: Do you really think I'd do it illegally? I wouldn't dare to. I mean, if my friend, the free christian music expert found out that I had... ;-D
Yes, I've heard of the Rebelution and I think I've seen the blog once or twice. I'll have to check it out. My friends have the book, so I'll probably borrow it from them.

Dagmar: Thank you! I'll most likely post it on here as soon as we get it finished.

All y'all: Thanks for commenting! Six comments is a record for me!
~Kiwifruit

Zoe said...

Good paintings!

I really like Newsboys too!

Matt said...

Just a warning/reminder. I'm watching you... :)

You should. It's really good stuff.