We had the church-wide Uno Tournament today! It was so much fun. Too bad it's only once a year.
I got...what, 19th place or something? But not bad, and most of the people ahead of me were boys or littler kids (with parents to help them. No, I was not beaten by a bunch of little helpless kids! I'm better than that!), so there were still some nice prizes left when I went up to pick one. I found a very pretty wooden bowl, one that used to be part of a church pew! Someone took the ends of the bench, with crosses carved into them, and made them into bowls with the cross on the bottom. Apparently there's one as a prize every year, and they're usually 'fought' over by the women. :) I'm happy to have gotten one! I'll stick a few pictures up once I get them loaded on.
I had the little kids scared of me by the end of the first round. I'm Ruthless. I piled card after card on a little 5 yr. old and won the first round (Don't worry, she didn't cry! She ended up with only 3 points from that one, even though I had given her so many cards!), then won the second in just a few plays. After that, no one wanted to sit by me. =( And I lost the second two. =( =(
But I still won two. And a nice prize. =)
Bible study the other night was fun. I brought 50 pieces of our Secret Family Recipe Fudge, and 25 were gone in the first 15 minutes, wolfed down by 8 people! If THAT isn't a record, I don't know WHAT is! But, of course, they shouldn't have wolfed them down. The proper way to eat SFR Fudge is slowly, bite by delectable bite, savouring the flavour. O well. =)
Now I'm going to watch a short movie or two, and head for the hay. Toodleoo.
~Kiwi~
4 comments:
Congrats on getting one of those bowls! I do remember woman getting down to the teeth for those.
Woo! UNO! :D When Soul Skittles and I met we played UNO. And she kicked my butt.
LOL! Women fight over them... that is putting it lightly. :P lol I'm glad I got one last year. *nods* 'Twill be a nice addition to my hopechest. *cough* When I get one... :P
*sigh* And thank you for the lovely forty-nine points... I am forever in your debt. *glares* lol ;)
JUST to remind you XD: I posted on my blog. :P ;)
~Queen Lucy~
I know, the UNO tournament comes far too un-often. :P
Post a Comment