I don't have much to say today. Er, I'm not going to say much. I could probably go on and on, but where's the fun in reading a rambley post? See, I've started already. *zips mouth shut*
I have a few blogs to introduce y'all to today:
Lady Florimel with "Rose of Venice," "Above Rubies," and a new one "Kiwi and her Pictures."
Lady Florimel and Jumbo Shrimp are currently working on a story, which is being posted on Rose of Venice. Above Rubies is a group blog, authored by Queen Lucy and some of her friends. Go check both out! I'm enjoying them. Rose of Venice may be available for only a short time, because I was talking with Florimel last night and she said she may block out the general public. And I take waaay too many pictures and do nothing with them, so I'm sticking the majority of them on my photo blog.
There was apparently some controversy surrounding my last post. (the one about Jordan's Kilt) Yes, Caleb, I know, it is slightly more skirt-like than kilt-ish. But that is through no fault of my own. One of Jordan's conditions was that I was to have no help at all, not even a pattern. So I looked at a picture of a kilt, then made it the best I could. Caleb gave me a link to a kilt site, which shows the entire pattern. Whow. Sewing an kilt the correct way looks reeeeaaally difficult! But thanks for the link. Next time I make a kilt.....
Two posts back I put up a picture and challenged y'all to guess what it was. Alayne came up with the correct answer! It was raindrops on a car window. Queen Lucy came up with the same answer, but (sorry!) I had specified that the first answer won. So 15 points to Alayne!
This weekend should be an interesting one. We're traveling aaaallll the way to Des Moines, IA on Saturday morning. My uncle Leslie is having a BBQ at his place for the clan. We're leaving at 6:00 am (like that's gonna happen!), will be there by 12:00 pm, hang out for a few hours, then come home....the same day. Ugh. I'm glad I'm getting to see family again, but 12 hours in the car???
Jordan's ordering me off ("Get off! Right now!!!), so I'll wrap this one up. I'll try to have a post scheduled for Saturday.
So long.
~Kiwi~
6 comments:
lol! I knew that if that was the right answer then she got it, but I just had to let you know that I knew it too! :P Have you started on your book list yet? If you aren't at church you could email it to me... :)
Lucy
Can't wait to see you tomorrow! We are also planning to leave around 6 am, but I highly doubt that will occur! See you then!
Christina
haha. Yay! I get points! Dude, that is so cool. I just got back from a week-long camp and now I say "Dude" a lot before my sentences! :P
~Alayne
For the record:
As usual it was not the pilot who was not ready for the scheduled departure; it was the passengers. But I guess a 15 minute delay is not too bad. I would also point out that the total travel time (i.e. on the pavement crusin' down the highway) was my predicted-accurate to the minute I might add- 4 hours, 45 minutes for a round trip time of 9.5 hours, NOT 12!
Now, back in my day we rode 9 hours at a time, packed 5 wide in the backseat of a 55 Chevy with no breaks, uphill both ways in 95 degree heat with no air conditioning AND WE LIKED IT!
Hai Kiwi Sorry I hasn't been commenting :( Since you're not on mah blog roll I forgets to go to your blog. :(
umn.
yeah.
POST! POST!
@Zazzamarandabo: lol, I like your new name!! :P
Post a Comment