These past two weeks have been full of sports. Volleyball on Sunday afternoons and church softball Monday evenings. Plus Cubs games on TV. Volleyball has been entertaining the past two weeks. Last Monday it was hot and sticky, with barely a breath of wind when we started playing. Then, two games into the afternoon, it started to storm. There was lightning and thunder far in the distance, and it started to sprinkle. After a minute or two the rain started pouring down. Who in their right mind would leave the party?? We played in the rain for a good 20 minutes, and then slowly strolled to the shelter of the tree (smart people, huh? standing under a tree with thunder withing hearing distance....), then to our cars. I was drenched.
I got soaked down to the bone from head to toe
This past Sunday, volleyball was cool, too. It wasn't one of my better days, and I ate sand (and the ball) several times, but it was still okay. We usually play a few rounds of practice until enough people arrive to form teams. Once we had enough, this time, there was an extra person on my side of the net (left over from the practice). Surprisingly, the other team chose me to even things out! So my question is, did they specifically want me, because they 'know' I'm good (yeah right), or did they just call me over because they already had a really good team anyway? Hm....
The church softball games are over for the summer. Our C League team won two games, and the B League made it to the play-offs! Last Monday night was the deciding game: win this one, and 'we' were going to the Championships! The score was 2-2 in the second inning. Slowly but surely we gained run after run, until the final score was something like 5-2. We were going to the Championship!!
The Championship game started out slowly and badly, the score being 8-1 in the second inning...the other team had the 8.
"This is not what I want
This is not what I planned
And I just have to say
I do not understand!
Something is really
(Something's not right)
Really wrong,
And we've got to get things back where they belong!
We can do it!"
Then our team went off with a 'Bang!' with Alex's 3 run homer in the second. After that there was no stopping them! The final score was 17-9....We won! Hooray and all that! Rejoicing in the streets!
The sad thing is that the ball games are over for the year now. :( I do wish I could have gone to more.
This Weekend:
More rejoicing! Miranda, Abbie, and Rachel are coming up on Saturday morning! We're going to do some bike riding on Saturday afternoon, and then Sunday afternoon we might go to the gardens here in town. Volleyball would be fun, too, but they have to leave by 4:00, so we'd only get an hour's worth of playing in before rushing back here. And some of the people from church will be roofing, and that may cut down on the volleyball-ers considerably.
But anyway. I can't wait 'til day after tomorrow! It's been the greater part of a year since I last saw them!
And on that note, I leave thee. Farewell.
~Kiwi~
p.s. Grandma won the 20 points. Sorry Aunt B. :)
3 comments:
Oo, sports is fun! I can't play sports for my life, tho. Well I'm probably better than I think I am but...I jus never get the chance to play sports wit people who won't make fun of me for throwing like a girl or completely missing whatever I was supposed to be doing.
Guess what guess what? Smitty has a chatthing on her blog! She found a gmail chatty. so both of us have that on our blogs now. Woo!!
Hello Kiwi!
Have you noticed how it gets darker EARLIER???? And the CHILLY weather? And the leaves on the trees have been turning RED, YELLOW, and ORANGE? That must mean FALL is ALMOST here!!! YES!! FALL!! Aren't you just SOOO excited?? HEE HEE HEEEE...
Post a Comment