Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Feeling Femenine Challenge days 1&2

Here are some pictures:
Day 1.
I just wore a plain black skirt with an ultra-casual Snoopy shirt.
My hairstyle was a regular high ponytail. Most of the day I wore a black headband with it, but that kept coming out, so I abandoned it.
Day 1 accessories: None of my skirts have pockets, so I tied a little purse around my waist. Other than that, i wore no accessories.
Day 1 activities: Jumbo Shrimp and KK came over and we practiced The Play for the church's talent night. We have 3 weeks to perfect it, and some of us don't even have our lines memorized! After supper I went on a bike ride. I don't like riding bikes in a skirt. It doesn't work too well.

Day 2 outfit: Denim skirt, green shirt, pink accents.

(sorry about how dark that picture is!)


Day 2 hair

This style is the Gibson Braids. I found it on a site that someone gave Zoe: http://intimelyfashion.com/hair/main.html It was difficult to do the three braids (I finally asked Mom to do them for me), but the rest was easy. It probably works better for people with longer hair, like in the pics on that site. But I think it still looks good, even though it hasn't been in style for 100 years!
Day 2 accessories: I wore a deep pink sash with a little bag on it to replace the missing pockets. In my hair I wore a clip with a deep pink ribbon & rose. (I got it when I was flower girl for a cousin ten years ago, and have barely worn it since!) Also, I put on a homemade pair of earrings.
Day 2 activities: Bike riding again. I went to the park and swung a bit....that's all! Unless you want to count chemistry work, computer time, movie-watching, and dish washing as activities!
Friday night we stayed in JS and KK's neighbor's camper, along with Short Stuff and Lady Florimel. That was a lot of fun! we stayed up late watching Enchanted, then played a few rounds of "Last Word." KK and I stayed up to 4:00, carrying on a sssslllloooowww conversation. I don't remember saying 3 hours-worth of words! Here are a few pictures of that:
Any guesses as to where in the camper we were?
(Keep in mind we were getting pretty squirrelly!)
Let's see if you were correct.


We're strange. I know. But we were bored, and didn't want to sleep yet. I only got 4 hours of sleep that night!

Now I'm going to wait for the video to load, then I'll go ahead and post this. videos are soooo slow!

see y'all!

~Kiwi~

.

.

.

trivia question: Give me the titles and/or authors of the three books in those photos

5 comments:

Alena said...

I love the way you did your hair yesterday! And the movie is SO funny! I can tell you were pretty tired!

Kirsten's Korner said...

Oh brother! :)

Daughter of Eve said...

lol!! :P You look very lovely in skirts. :) Florimel and I were just saying that we could really do this more often! I love the way you did your hair the second day! I have that hairstyle in my "hair book", but I don' think it would work on me because of the layers in my hair. :( I'm going to post about the challenge as soon as I'm able to load my pictures onto the computer. FYI, I did write short post...

~Lucia Regina~

Zoe said...

The Gibson braids are really pretty!

Daughter of Eve said...

Ah ha! Do I spy a Newsboys poster like mine hanging on your door? Mine is still in the envelope. :P Not really anywhere to hang it and I don't want to get it messed up (seeing as I share a room with my two little sisters :). Well, good place to hang it... :)

~Lucy~