I'm dreaming of a white Christmas
Just like the ones I used to know
Where the tree tops glisten,
And children listen
To hear sleigh bells in the snow
I'm dreaming of a white Christmas
With every Christmas card I write
May your days be merry and bright
And may all your Christmases be white
Ha! I'm thinking of slightly different lyrics right now, as I sit here and watch snow pour down atop the twelve inches we already have. Ugh.
I'm dreaming of a Floridian Christmas
Unlike the ones I've always known,
Where the palm trees sway
And children play *tries to make voice go way down like Bing Crosby's*
On the coast in that lovely, sunny zone
*Sigh*
I'm dreaming of a WARM Christmas
With every icicle I see
May your days be snow- and ice-free
And may all my readers agree!
Or there's this one that Rapunzel found and graciously shared with me:
Winter Clothes
by Karla Kuskin
Under my hood I have a hat
and under that my hair is flat.
Under my coat
my sweater's blue.
My sweater's red.
I'm wearing two.
My muffler muffles to my chin
and round my neck
and then tucks in.
My gloves were knitted
by my aunts.
I've mittens too
and pants
and pants
and boots
and shoes
with socks inside.
The boots are rubber, red and wide.
And when I walk
I must not fall
because I can't get up at all.
That makes me think of either Calvin and Hobbes, or in A Christmas Story where Randy says "I can't put my arms down!" and "I can't get up!" If you haven't watched that movie, you should!
Thusly, I shall end my rant. With a word of advice: Move Somewhere Warm!!!
~Kiwi da Frozenfruit
13 comments:
I totally agree! Abbie and I were just talking about snow. I hate the cold snow (it does look pretty though) and she LOVES it. Weird... Anyway, have a very Merry Christmas!
Miss you!
Rachel
P.S. Great rendition of the White Christmas song... :)
*Shivers* I hate cold weather!! I love a Christmas story!! :-D
Very amusing despite the fact I don't mind cold weather. Rather like it, infact. :D
*looks at Kiwi's counter* Why must you be older than me by so blasted much?!
I don't turn seventeen until June...
:D I'm dreaming of a warm christmas too!!
Me miss Florida.
I like the last poem too. :D
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
What?? Are you kidding me?? It's like 75 degrees here where I live..I miss the cold weather of chicago..:(
-Judi
Are you kidding me?? It's awful..people are wearing shorts in this weather..it's depressing
-Judi
PS: I'm not offended by the insane comment..i get it all the time ;-)
Merry Christmas to you to! Make a blog post on everything you got, or tell me in church, I'd like to know. :D
Sunday I was sitting at home being bored (sort of, that wasn't exactly a boring Sunday but it was somewhat unpleasant) because Dad decided he didn't want to drive in the weather and Mom didn't either. *shrug* Where were YOU for Christmas Caroling?!
For the Christmas Eve Service I was at home eating tons of food and opening presents. Christmas will end (for me) tomorrow so I should see you again on Sunday. :D
I did answer your question about Paul in a comment to you but my iPod decided to eat that comment before I could post it... *sigh* Anyway. What happened was a picture appeared on InPop's website, a picture of Peter, Jeff, Duncan, and Jody Davis. A picture none of us fans have seen before. A picture with Jody (a older Jody) and no Phil. I would send you a link to this photo but it appears to have disapeared. Also the new Habibi Rock features a few mentions of Jody.
Paul's releasing a new CD so a tour would be in order if he wasn't so busy with the 'boyz. Some say that Jody will come and fill-in for Paul well Paul is promoting his own CD and some say Paul may be LEAVING US (*dies*) altogether and Jody will be coming back to replace him.
I don't know what's up with Bethany (Jody's daughter) and how Jody's wife (I've forgotten her name) is going to handle that but... *shrug*
Jody is a great guitarist and it would rock if Paul could do more solo shows but I REALLY, REALLY do not want Paul to leave the 'boyz!! He brings something really awesome to them. *bits fingernails*
Dun, dun, dun. You remember when you were moving and we came over and we got talking about the Newsboys and then the podcasts and then how you knew Jeff's house number but not the street name?
I know Jeff's address. Mwahahaha! :P *adds him to the "Contacts" part of her iPod* Hehe.
Brrr... Very cold here!
I awarded you!
Heather
I'm glad you like my little corgis ;) It's a picture I found via google, but we have a corgi. She's my adopted siter and her name is Sadie ;)Merry Christmas!
OMW KIWI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SORRY IF YOU THINK I'M GLOATING
but i feel REALLY HAPPY RIGHT NOW
*hugs Glenn *
*long contended sigh *
I guess I should try to calm down.
...
Well, I tried
KIIIIIWWIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GLENN COMMENTED AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
i sorry.
My throw blanket is light brown and...fluffy...and warm...
Yes, you can has 100 bloggy point, and i has no idea how to redeem em...
We *did* move to a warmer place, but had to go back to Iowa and its record-breaking cold and blizzards. Next year I'm suggesting that everyone come down here for Christmas.
Christmas at the Alamo! Wouldn't that be fun?
Post a Comment