Monday, December 15, 2008

The Bethlehem Skyline Concert

Okay, I have no clue where to start, so I’ll try starting at the beginning. Oh, wow, so original! But I’ll only go about half-way through the evening. I’ll be able to get some good posts out of this.
So. We arrived just as the doors were scheduled to open, but some people managed to get in there earlier and so the front rows were taken. :( We got some pretty good seats off to the left of center stage. =D
While waiting for the concert to start, we played a hand-clapping game where the loser had to get up and do a fifteen-second ‘random dance moment’ as penance. That was fun! I only had to do it once.
Then, the pastor (or I’m assuming he was the pastor) went up and announced that the concert was starting. Ten seconds passed, and no one appeared on stage. Twenty seconds. Thirty seconds is as long as impatient people like me can wait, so Owan, who came with us, started a slow clapping rhythm that slowly grew louder and faster as more people joined in. That was cool! I’ve never been an instigator of something like that! Behind the clapping, we could hear sheep and angel voices. Jason Gray came out after what seemed like an eternity and said something like “I heard that and it sounded like a rock concert starting, then you hear angels going ‘aaaaahhhh’ in the background!”
Jason was the emcee for the evening, and he did a great job at that. Jaime Jamgochian came out after Jason did “Miriam”, and she sang “­O Come, O Come Emmanuel” Next, Daniel Kirkley was called out. He’s amazing! Centricity got some really talented artists for this tour. He sang “What Child is This?” I’ll post a video of him doing this song, because I haven’t got a clue how to describe his voice.
Lanae’ Hale came out next, and she did a nice song. She has a pretty voice, but she’s a little more country-music-style than I usually listen to.
An’ den….. Downhere! Their first song was “Glory to God”. I’ve only heard it twice before Sunday, but I know most of the chorus already. Here's a pic of Marc:And another: We didn’t get many good pictures, but I do have to thank Mom for loaning her camera. Without it, the pictures wouldn’t be even this good!

I’m going to just post a few more pictures of the concert here, because otherwise I’ll end up writing up the entire concert. You can watch video of the last Bethlehem Skyline concert at www.mogulus.com/downhere if you want. Here’re the pics!

I’ll post more tomorrow or day after. Have fun!
Kiwi da Happyfruit

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I just posted too. :P

Great post. Such fun. Can't wait for the next one and the second half of the concert. And the tag post too, of course.

Your pictures wheren't so bad. :D You should post the rest of them on Facebook. ;) [/hinthint]

CrimeSceneFairy said...

*deep breaths *
*falls over dead *
*revives self *
*watches Monk to calm down *
You're so lucky that you actually know Owan in person. :)
*threatens kiwifruit with pitchfork *
DON'T BOAST!

hms avalon said...

Seriously, kiwi. Were you really that close to him, or did you zoom? If you was REALLY that close, that would've been AWESOME!
In the mail is a Christmas letter. Yes, a handwritten one. A letter for you, a letter for Rapunzel, and a letter for the younger sibs.
We got to open presents early b/c we're headed down south for Christmas. Beach, here I come! *try not to be TOO jealous :)*

<3~Avalon