I have at least one tag to do. I might do another that I wasn't actually tagged to do, but it looks like fun anyway.
Here's the first one, from Judi:
For the first five people who comment (if I can even get five people to comment):
1. I'll respond with something random about you.
2. I'll tell you which song or movie you remind me of.
3. I'll pick a flavor of jello for you to dive into.
4. I'll say something that only makes sense to you and me. (if possible. If not, I'll say something that only makes sense to me.)
5. I'll tell you my first memory of you.
6. I'll tell you what animal you remind me of.
7. I'll ask you something I've always wondered about you.
8. I'll tell you my favorite thing about you.
9. I'll tell you my least favorite thing about you.
10. If you play, you MUST post this on yours unless you have: a) already done it, b) if you're Dagmar, or c) you just don't want to do it.
(Dagmar, I said that because I know that it wouldn't work on your cooking blog. But you can still COMMENT. :)
Tag Numba Two:
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?Wrapping paper. It's more fun, although Hallmark now has motion detector gift bags that yell "STEP AWAY FROM THE GIFT BAG" very loudly. That would be fun to put the boys' presents in.
2. Real tree or fake?
Come come now, let's not call it fake, it's faux. Fake sounds so..so...plasticky. We have a faux Christmas tree.
3. When do you put up the tree?
Before Christmas.
4. When do you take the tree down?
After Christmas.
5. Do you like eggnog?
In small amounts.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Oh, brother. Ummm... one time, Mom and Dad gave me a necklace with a gold-plaited chain and a little cross at the end with a pearl in it. I don't know if the pearl was real or not. But then, one day after church I was changing and forgot I had the necklace on, took off my turtle-neck sweater, and broke the necklace. I was (and still am) unhappy about that. But I still have the pendant! Or, if two years ago counts, my great-grandma gave me an oil paint set. She was an artist. I wish she could have taught me how to use them.
7. Hardest people/person to buy for?
My dad. He only reads books once unless they are really good, and are shirts very exciting for a forty-eight-year-old man?
8. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes, two in fact. One is plastic, and we're allowed to touch and play with it. The other is porcelain, and ever since I was little it was off-limits. I suppose I can touch it now, but I don't usually.
9. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Snail-mail, of course! Otherwise I'm out of a job! (see previous post)
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
I can't think of any really bad ones. I guess I've just tried to block those memories! lol!
11. Favorite Christmas Movie?
A Christmas Story.
12. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Not early enough.
13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
I refuse to answer.
14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Cookies!
15. Lights on the tree?
White.
16. Favorite Christmas song?
"Adoration" by the Newsboys, "How Many Kings" by Downhere (whom I'm seeing in a week!!!), and "Christmas with a Capital 'C'" by Go Fish.
17. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
I'm not sure what we're doing this year. Usually we start at our house, then migrate to my grandparents' around noon.
18. Can you name all 9 of Santa's reindeer?
I don't think I've ever been able to. I know Rudolf, though!
19. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Angel.
20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?
Christmas Day! Otherwise the Opening-Presents ceremony is over sooner.
21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
Giant blow-ups in front yards, stupid songs like 'Santa Baby', all the "Happy Holidays!" that people say, the cold, and the 'Santa Clause' movies (stupid, stupid, stupid!).
22. Favorite ornament theme or color?
I have quite a few favorite ornaments. I don't care for just the colored balls and tinsel all over the tree, though.
23. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
HAM!!!
24. What do you want for Christmas this year?
Where do you want me to start???? For any rich people reading this, who want to be nice to a poor, moneyless girl, I'd like a camera, tv with at least enough money to pay for cable for a year, LAPTOP OF MY OWN THAT NO ONE CAN KICK ME OFF OF, every single color of watercolor paint that Winsor and Newton make in the highest professional-grade quality. And tons of other stuff. I can't list it all right now, as my time on Angus is limited. (see why I need a computer of my own?)
I went ahead and changed my template. All two of the votes said that I should. Why did I get five comments from four different people, and only two votes, one of which was off this computer? Hm.
Rapunzel and I went shopping at Kohls today for some new winter shirts for me. I hate Kohls!!! Why don't they make Junior's sizes for NORMAL size girls?? I'm not a skinny little wisp! Why don't they realize that and make clothes my size? STUPID CLOTHES DESIGNERS! Okay, maybe they're not entirely stupid, but I wish they would consult me! Double hmph! But I found a nice royal purple turtleneck that I'll probably wear to the concert and a fitted long-sleeve tee.
Um, let see. I only have three minutes left on Angus. See why I need a new computer????
Drat! Now I forgot all that I wanted to say.
Good/bad news! Jeremy Thiessen's wife had a baby boy (Liam Jeremiah Thiessen), which is good, but alas, he won't be there on Sunday! (he's the Downhere drummer) :-(-:
Need to go now. Who know when I'll be allowed back on. I NEED A COMPUTER OF MY OWN, SANTA!
~Kiwifruit
16 comments:
First comment.
I'll say more about your post when I can. For now I just want to be first. :D
I'm not allowed to have a computer of my own until I'm eighteen. (Luck older sister of mine.) I suppose I do now have something about the big one eight to look forward to...I wonder what I shall name my computer once I get it. *ponders* I'm sure it will be interesting when the time comes.
Commenting! :D
Commenting
Ohhh..gggood...i'm not..too...llllatte......
sorry...i'm...ddd-yin..g.
annyw--ways.
I ff-feel your pain abb-bout the...ll..aptop...
I wass...the otther pp-person..that...vo..ted.
*swallows* Yayy....J--jeremmy.
*coughhackwheeze *
Ssanta...isn't...r-real..
YAY!! I'm the fifth one!!!!
*dances around the room*
I already have my own computer, but it doesn't run very fast..i can blog and write and stuff, but no facebook, it's mean to facebook..believe me..
-Judi
RE: "computer of my own". NO.
Love,
Santa Baby. (aka Scrooge, aka G.O.M.)
5 days and 23 hours!!
*has to go make breakfast*
Hey! I just saw yer comment! Well, I wear my hat usually with good jeans and then a black t-shirt. I usually wear black boots with it too. I also wear it sometimes with green t-shirts. As soon as you get your hat you'll know just what it goes with ;)
*whacks kiwifruit with plastic baggy in defense *
I WASN'T RUBBING AGAIN!
If Glenn followed you on Twitter, you'd want to blog it too.
*affects middle eastern accent * I swear, you americans.
3 days.
So I have to post that tag on my blog? Oh boy. I'm now slightly nervous. Eager to see what you've got to say about me. I'm sure that will be really quite interesting.
I almost feel jealous of your fak--faux Christmas tree. I'm not a fan of real trees...or faux trees.... *shrug*
I do not like eggnog in any amounts.
I might be able to get a job with e-mail Christmas cards. Hmmm...
My favorite thing to eat at Christmas is kransekake (though we usually don't have it). Cookies are good too, of course.
You don't like giant blow-ups in front yards?! What about the INFLATABLE SANTAS?! *wails for the Inflatable Santas*
I'm about as moneyless as you are. A camera is good. You want a TV? Wow. :P Feel your laptop pain. I'm currently borrowing my sister's. She's very sweet. My other sister is on my Dad's...she's always on his. :P What would you name this computer? Rainbow paints, hmmm, do you then prefer to use watercolors over colored pencils or crayons or markers or poster paints or all those other various art supplies? I would definitely have Photoshop CS3 on my wishlist before I had paints on there. [/mostlyrandom] I can't paint or draw or do just about anything artistic. ;)
Very nice new template. Cute reindeer.
Royal purple turtleneck. *arranges grey cells and makes a note to study what Kiwi wears* I almost wish I could go to a store and try on a bunch of clothes that don't fit. I have to buy my own clothes, and I am quite moneyless. I could use some warm clothes and winter gloves and socks. I've needed socks for months. :P
Congratulations to Jeremy! I'm sure the little baby is adorable. The Newsboys had their first stand-in drummer a few weeks ago. Duncan was on crutches so they had Ben from New Zealand drum part of the show. I'm sure it was interesting for whoever was there. I wish I had been.
I think that's all I have to say.
See you Sunday --*squee*-- three days and nine hours. :D
Tomorrow! It is but one more day. :D :D
COME ON!! UPDATE!!!!
-Judi
It's today!
*stares at downhere countdown *
You're going to be here in half a hour. Did you know that?
I suppose I should go change...
Kale is talking to Dad about Lifest...
It's seven months till then but I'm already eager for it...
You need to come with us to Lifest. That would rock...
You need to update...
You haven't posted in almost two weeks...
Post a Comment