Grandma and Grandpa were supposed to come up Christmas Eve and stay until today, but decided that the weather was too bad and they would wait until Sunday. When the phone rang while we were opening presents, my guess was "Grandma and Grandpa calling to say they're coming after all?" Mom said it was them, but they were just wishing us a Merry Christmas. Lo and behold, Someone came driving up at about 11:00.....Grandma and Grandpa! That was a great surprise. They gave me a big, beautiful, warm fuzzy blanket that alone is as warm as my two comforters.
We had Ham.
I think that paragraph needs no further words. Ham is good.
Yesterday we had Christmas at my other grandparents' house, with most of my Aunts and Uncles there. (Hi, all you!) We had a gift exchange with unmarked presents and I ended up with one of the best ones: a large tote bag in yellow, orange, brown, and white stripes. Grandma warned me ahead of time that Bigger may not be Better. In the biggest package, which TOO got, was a roll of toilet paper! Thanks for the warning, Grandma!
Now, I shall continue on my report of The Concert. Alright, I already talked about most of the concert, but I forgot to mention that it was Jason Gray's 17th wedding anniversary, so he sang a song for her and gave her a big bunch of red and white roses. *aw*
After the concert, as we were strolling down the hallway, we passed an off-shoot hall with a six-foot screen blocking part of it and Marc Martel's hat sitting on the screen. Rapunzel pointed it out to me.
"Hey, Kiwi, look." *points*
"What?"
"The hat. It's Marc's!"
"Are you sure? Why would he leave it there..." *steps closer* "'Punzel, there's an arm! I think Marc's back there."
"He's not back there, I don't think."
*Kiwi steps even closer* "That's Marc. I'm sure of it!"
Out steps (cue drumroll) Marc Martel! "Oh, rats, you found me." :) I wonder, does he make a habit of hiding behind screens, spying on his fans?
We even got a few pictures with him, and a (illegible) signature! Here's a few pics:
Then we just happened to run into Daniel Kirkley.
"Hi," Daniel smiled and held out his hand. "I'm Dan...." He laughed sheepishly. "I'm Daniel."
Like I didn't know who he is! I requested an autograph from him.
"Oh, sure, sure!" He signed it with a flourish.
"Wow, quite legible, too!" Not! Those people have some of the most illegible signatures I have ever seen!
"Well, do you want me to print it underneath?" He asked, jokingly.
"Sure!"
"Really??"
"Why not?"
Daniel said that he'd almost forgotten how to print his name! lol!
Here're two pics with Daniel Kirkley signing our notebooks.
And I leave you with that picture. I'll post more pictures later, and maybe scan their autographs and put them on here. Especially one, in particular......
Merry Christmas all, and Happy New Year!
Talk to you-all later!
~Kiwifruit
6 comments:
:D Your christmas sounds wonderous!
Fuzzeh. :D :D :D
*mopes around *
You lied, you dont has one up on meh. You have like one thousand up on me. XD
Something To Believe In is from GO....the one with the DVD. City to City is also on it, you probably heard the remix of that one. :)
I have Something to Believe In on my iPod. I'll give you a listen if you like. :D Actually, I should let you take a LONG listen because there's a whole bunch of NB songs on there that you've never heard.
Something to Believe In is on YouTube actually. I think. When you go and look it up look for What I've Done by Until June. I think you'll like it since you like Downhere and they have a similar sound. I hope you like it and so I'm not recommending in vain.
Daniel asked for your blog address? Wow. I totally missed that! Cool! You need a Facebook, though. You need alot of things. *coughLifestcough*
Ahh! That's me! In the green jacket that I hate. *sighs* That must be a picture from when I was getting Marc's autograph.
What book did you get?
Oi! It would be so fun to spend a day or two in TN just walking/driving around and visiting different places. Their houses, InPop, Starbucks, Schlotzsky's, BMW Motorbikes... :D Pretend (yeah right!) to be psycho Newsboys fans... :P
I would so let you listen to Something to Believe In if I was coming to the party but I sincerely doubt I'll be coming. As you can see, my family doesn't attend alot of the church activities. Well, the activities yes but not the small groups, and special services, and things like that... Too many little kids that would drive the babysitters nuts. :P Our other computer (Steve) doesn't have any sound either. :( I had to use that one for months and every time there was a new Newsboys video I'd have to wait until I could snitch Dad's...
I don't think my parents would spend $70 on me either. :P They do give me quite a bit (sort of), when they can afford it, for working for them though. They just haven't been able to afford it for months and months. If they/we can't manage to bring in more money before July I may not be going to Lifest either... :(
I look forward to your coming with us in 2010! Squee! :D
Oh! Seriously yes! Austenland was horrible! The main-character-what's-her-name was so annoying! And the story line was just...icky. :( The plot idea would have made a great story though. A really good mystery. :)
I suppose since she was writing an adult book (*rolls eyes*) she figured she could throw in a bunch of "adult" themes without a problem... *sighs*
Pass (probably late) birthday wishes on to Rapunzel. :)
Wow! That's cool. You got to take pictures with them, get their signatures...As another commenter said before, BLESSED! Wish I could have been there with you. :)
~catfreak70
Dun, dun, duuuuh! I have something even better than Something to Believe In now. Show you on Sunday. :)
Hopefully you haven't heard it already...
I was so surprised when the news was on PC's website at eight in the morning! I mean, I wasn't surprised by the news, I knew it was coming, it was the fact that it was on the website that was eight in the morning that surprised me.
I join you in weeping and wailing! So sad that he's leaving! But I hope he'll hurry up and get his guitar over to WI and do a show. :D
Think it was Jody doing the Phil sounding background stuff on In the Hands of God, or was that actually Phil and they got him into the studio for one song because they couldn't bare to do a record without 'im?
Post a Comment