=^D =^D =^D =^D =^D =^D =^D =^D =^D =^D =^D =^D =^D
And Daniel Kirkley will be there, and he's got an amazing voice, too, and Jason Gray, and Jaime Jamgochian, and Lanae' Hale.
Like I said. Happy Day.
Now, here is a brand-new poem, written just this afternoon, never before seen by anyone outside of this family. I hope you enjoy the privilege. ;) Please ignore the dots. Those aren't supposed to be there, but it was the only way I could get the words to align correctly.
..........................I wish I could be
.............................................as happy
.........................................................as
...........................................................a
...........................................................CLAM
...................................For then,
..............................................when
.................................................people say
...................................................“you look
.......................................................as happy
...................................................................as
.....................................................................a
.....................................................................CLAM,”
...................................................I can say
...................................................................“I
.........................................................................AM!”
There is my masterpiece. D'you like it? I've always wanted to write a 'stair-step' poem--one where the lines sort of end up looking like stair-steps. And now I have. But now that I have fulfilled my "life's dream", what else is there to live for? I am no longer as happy as a clam. There's no reason to be. ;-(
Anywho; this was the third day in a row that I wrote a poem in. I think this is the best poem out of the three. Here's my second favorite. It was written on an envelope to some friends back in Iowa. (Catfreak and Avalon: if you have not yet received my letter, wait to read this.)
.............................................as happy
.........................................................as
...........................................................a
...........................................................CLAM
...................................For then,
..............................................when
.................................................people say
...................................................“you look
.......................................................as happy
...................................................................as
.....................................................................a
.....................................................................CLAM,”
...................................................I can say
...................................................................“I
.........................................................................AM!”
There is my masterpiece. D'you like it? I've always wanted to write a 'stair-step' poem--one where the lines sort of end up looking like stair-steps. And now I have. But now that I have fulfilled my "life's dream", what else is there to live for? I am no longer as happy as a clam. There's no reason to be. ;-(
Anywho; this was the third day in a row that I wrote a poem in. I think this is the best poem out of the three. Here's my second favorite. It was written on an envelope to some friends back in Iowa. (Catfreak and Avalon: if you have not yet received my letter, wait to read this.)
I say 'How're you?'
To my friends back in Iowa
And wonder what they do
Without me there.
I talk and talk
'Bout random things
Like how I want to walk
O'er to their house like I used to.
Sadly, then, I write 'Goodbye'
And wonder how long
Till I can say 'Hi'
And stand there right beside them.
And then here's my least favorite. It needs more work on it, like on the last line of the first stanza, but I can't find anything that'll work better.
Angus
Although you came into my life
Just a few short months ago,
I feel that I know you well,
As if you were my beau!
The reason for our meeting
Was not a happy one*
But we got past that quickly
And went on to weeks of fun.
Me, clicking happily away,
And you just sitting there
following my every whim
With complementary flair.
My every wish
Ends up as your command,
To get what I want from you,
I barely need raise my hand!
Occasionally, however,
for reasons unknown on earth
You provoke me nearly to tears
Making me wonder about your worth.
Is what I'm doing
Worth begging your co-operation?
Or would I be better off
Sending you on extended vacation?
Yet when all is said and done,
Instead of making a fuss,
I will love you (almost) forever,
My dear computer, Angus!
See what I mean about that last line of the first stanza? But there are no other words that rhyme with 'ago' and still make sense in the poem! Doe, foe, low, mow, moe, snow, bow, beau, go, hoe, joe, no, oh, poe, row, stow, sow, sew, toe, tow, woe, yo. None work! A large virtual high-five to someone who can give me a better line.
*The story behind this poem goes like this: I wrote a eulogy for Bob and Larry, and I fear that Angus has gotten a bit jealous of them. He won't work consistently for me because of this jealousy, so I wrote him this, hoping to appease him.
Oh, before I leave, I was tagged by Soul Skittles to tell 7 random things about meself. So here goes.
1: I hate being trapped inside by cold winter weather.
2: I discovered that chap stick works well to keep your nose from becoming raw when you have a stupid cold and have to blow your nose fifty times per hour. But it's best to use clear stuff, not blue or purple. :-)
3: I'm waiting (rather impatiently) for the day that LOST comes back on tv, 'cause I'm addicted to it.
4: For some reason, I keep waking up at some time in the middle of the night, but I don't know when because I don't have a clock in my room. (hey, you wanted random...)
5: I LOVE listening to Christian music. To name just a few: Newsboys, Downhere, Kutless, Stellar Kart, Paul Colman, Paul Colman Trio. I could continue my list for a few days, but I didn't think y'all'd appreciate that
6: I run out of random things very quickly, and dread finding more.
7: I'd like to visit Australia and New Zealand someday.
So, I tag:
Judi
Catfreak
Avalon
Zoe
So ends this insanely long post. Will this keep you all happy for a while longer?
~Kiwifruit
P.S. It snowed yesterday, but didn't accumulate. I don't like snow right now.
10 comments:
Long post! :D I love your poems and random things. Hurrah hurray. xD
Both? xD
When I said it I was thinking New Zealand Kiwiland. :)
And I shall not gloat. *hinthintnudgenudge * Gleeennn....
*picks up spear and pitchfork *
HOW DARE YOU CALL ME A SAD LITTLE PERSON!! I MAY BE 4 FOOT 11 BUT GUESS WHAT? I'M TALLER THAN YOU ON THE INSIDE!!!!!!!!!!
*fumes *
*puts away spear and pitchfork *
Those are just for Obama supporters and scarin my friends. :P
Anyways thankie for the cake and ice cream! :D
Thanks for tagging me! I was in desperation as to what to post about!
Finally...a new post...I liked all of your poems..i think I liked Angus the best for some reason..i thought it was funny...thanks for the tag..i'll fill it out probably this weeken..along with another one :D
That's so cool that you get to go to the concert..I was hoping you would be able to go :D
-Judi
Loved the poem on the envelope. The second sib said, and I quote, 'It touched my heart!'
Clam was awesome, too. I've tried to write a daisy poem before.
~catfreak70 :^P
And I'm glad tou get to go to the Downhere concert! Have a sweet time on the 14th!
~catfreak70
Haha, the chap-stick idea made me laugh, that sounds like something I would do. I'll definitely need to keep that in mind. ;)
Sounds like you're going to have an awesome time at Downhere! Enjoy it a little more for me. :)
Just think, the next time you see me it will be Dec. 1st. I'll be finished with NaNo and will return to my mostly-faithful commenter status.
*rejoices* We're totally gonna have one on Soul Skittles now. Mwahaha! Can't wait till the 14th.
Love the first poem. Very cute. The second is also quite good. :D
I think I like "Angus" best though, just like Judi. I've been thinking about the first stanza has you requested and would like to suggest:
You arrived a few months ago,
The minutes are as days.
I feel that I know you well,
And you, dear, still amaze.
Ummm...yeah. If that gives you any ideas whatsoever as to a stanza you like better I am glad. Please ignore the fact that it is very bad poetry.
Hopefully the "dear" isn't too odd but I see you have dear in the last stanza so...and you can always change it to "Angus" if that doesn't have to many syllibles or some other pet name.
Hopefully your poem has made Angus feel better.
The chapstick thing will be useful I doubt not, I shall have to attempt it before my current cold moves on.
*finds LOST's commercials creepy* Give me Pairot any day! :P
Ummm...I think that's all I have to say. See ya!
Great post! I love your poems!!!
You need to call me soon!!! I have SO much to tell you!!! :)
Post a Comment