Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Prayers.

Hey, I just wanted to update really quick so that Judi doesn't pester me! Yes, Zoe, I got your tag, but don't have time for it right now, so it's going to have to wait for a while.
Rapunzel got a job and started it yesterday. It's a funny story, actually. She and I needed to re-fill our air tank at the gas station so that we could pump up our bike tires. So, Dad sent us down to A----(a little town down the road), saying there was a gas station there. No gas station. So we decided 'hey, there's two stations that we pass on the way to church. We can just run down there really quick.' We stopped at the first one to find that air is $1.00 there! And we only had one quarter and small change. Attached to the gas station is a Subway restaurant, so we went in there to exchange nickles, dimes, and pennies for three quarters. (they were very nice about it). 'Punzel saw the 'Now hiring Part-Time Days' sign, applied, blah blah blah, and eventually got a job working at a different Subway. But we never did get that air. =)
She started work yesterday and came out of the restaurant smelling like sandwiches. Today she works from 9-2, tomorrow she gets off, and then her hours fluctuate.





We're in need of prayers at the moment. My Grandpa (not the one who fell when we were moving, this is my Dad's dad) had a stroke Sunday morning, and apparently it was a rather bad one. Last I heard, the doctors are not sure how much damage was done to his brain, or to what parts of it. We were down at the hospital in Illinois Sunday afternoon, last night, and we're going down again today, as soon as Rapunzel is done with work. Last night, Dad said the Dr. said that he may not live much longer.
I'm glad that we're here now. I mean, in January, while we were wanting to move, my Grandmother (Mom's grandma) died in Iowa. If we had been moved, we would have had to drive three hours to be with her one last time, instead of thirty minutes. Now we are moved, and are only 45/60 minutes from Grandpa's hospital, instead of 2 1/2 hours.
Please pray for us.
~Kiwi
Look at the post below.

8 comments:

Kristen said...

*growls at her math* It really doesn't like me today.

Congratulations to Repunzel! (What inspired that nickname may I ask?) I'll have to make it a point to always ask for Subway from now on. Money for CDs, eh? I'm jealous. (Kiwi, you should try for a job at Jimmy Johns.)

And all this time all I get is a summer job talking to soybeans...atleast they know no profanity, unlike the boss.

Praying for you. :)

Anonymous said...

Of course I'll be praying, Kiwifruit.. :)
-Judi
PS: I don't pester..i nag.

Christina W. said...

**holding hands** we are praying together, cousin!

hms avalon said...

So Rapunzel finally got a job. And at least smelling like a sandwich is better than a *plugs nose* wet dog. I had to give Sadie a bath. She wasn't the only one who got soaked. *wrings out t-shirt*
I'll be prayin' for your family, you, and your grandpa. That's really stressful not to know how bad it is. I pray the doctors know how to help him.
Talk later kiwi!
-Avalon

Sarah S. said...

I love that picture you have of Grandpa. Pooky thinks it's fantastic.

Dagmar said...

I'll be praying! Congratulations to Rapunzel! Subway rocks!

Matt said...

Praying.

Anonymous said...

2nd says "YAY!" to Ellen. I'm sorry about your grandpa. The picture you have is awesome!

~catfreak70 :)