Saturday, October 25, 2008

hey, all, just a quick update.
I got to go in and see Grandpa on Thursday. He can't talk or move much yet. Although I'm pretty sure he wanted to laugh at some of the things I said. Almost every time I see him, he teases me about my (non-existent) boyfriend, and asks how 'he' is and stuff like that. So I told him that "the boyfriend situation isn't going too good." I think he was laughing inside.
Today, Mom, Dad and the boys are down @ the hospital while Sis and I are here. I'll probably go down tomorrow.

So, how many of my relatives are reading this?? I gave the address to my Aunt B., and now Pooky's Girl is reading it, Christina, Aunt J., Jon, and who else? STOP LURKING!! Comment!

Lastly, I've got a new blog started and am getting disturbed by the lack of comments. Two posts already, and a follower (hey, Matt), and NO comments! Check it out! Comment, for Pete's sake!
Alright, I'm going now. I'm going to re-arrange my room a few times, listen to some Downhere and Stellar Kart, and um......, and read my book, and rot my brain on the computer and tv. I'll see you later!
~Kiwifruit
P.S. wow, I think that's my shortest post so far!

8 comments:

Kristen said...

You're going to have your pity party listening to Downhere and Stellar Kart? Seems kind of sacraligious (sp?) but suit yourself.

I'm glad your grandfather seems happy and you were able to make him laugh. :D Still praying.

Kristen said...

Pity party canceled! You can watch it online at livestation.com!!

Kristen said...

*wails* Pity party back in business. Above was a false alarm.

GEE MA said...

Hey Kiwifruit, Sorry I haven't commented lately. Been reading your blog though. Does that count?
Keep talking to your Grandpa even if he can't tease you back. That's important to him and I'm sure he loves to hear your voice.
We'll keep praying for him and your whole family.
GEEMA

Matt said...

Hey, I did leave a comment! (Only once, admittedly, but I did comment.)

Grandparents (and older folks in general) seems to like teasing kids about girlfriends/boyfriends. I'm not sure if they think it's funny, or what... Anyway, enough ramblings. I've been praying for your grandpa. Sometimes you just need to trust God regardless of the end result.

Anonymous said...

Missed you on Sunday.

Anonymous said...

I hope your grandpa gets well soon. Mine has cancer, but our family visits them for Christmas every year. So, not lonely for very long.

How are you in your new place? Has it started snowing? It would be awesome to see you again, but that's nearly impossible. Oh well, we keep in touch anyway.

~catfreak70

Sarah S. said...

I'm not a lurker, I'm a commenter!!! I told Grandpa about the Phillies getting ready to win the World Series, and he nearly broke my hand. The nurses said he rolls his eyes when they do a "Go Cubs Go!" song. He was looking out the window at the trees when I left him.