Wednesday, October 15, 2008

PIE!

Here is the promised post about my love of PIE.
I like APPLE pie. I like Apple pie with French topping, a lattice top-crust, and just a normal top crust. Apple pie is good.
I like PECAN pie. I like Pecan pie smothered in homemade whipped cream. Pecan pie is good.
I like PEACH pie. I like Peach pie at Thanksgiving--or any time of year! Peach pie is good.
I like CHERRY pie. I like Cherry pie with a lattice top. Cherry pie is good.
I like KEY LIME pie. I like Key Lime pie with the sour lime slice on top. Key Lime pie is good.
I like LEMON MERINGUE pie. I like Lemon Meringue pie with the top slightly toasted. Lemon Meringue pie is good.
I like CHOCOLATE pie. I like Chocolate pie because it's almost like chocolate pudding on a pie crust. Chocolate pie is good.
I like BANANA CREAM pie. I like bananas only in Banana Cream pie. Banana Cream pie is good.
I like BLUEBERRY pie. I like Blueberry pie because is is purpely-blue and has blueberries in it. Blueberry pie is good.
I like CHEESECAKE*. I like Cheesecake with chocolate sauce or fruit on it. Cheesecake is good.
I like PUMPKIN pie. I like Pumpkin pie with whipped cream because I get it on Thanksgiving. Pumpkin pie is good.
I like RHUBARB pie. I like Rhubarb pie with lots of sugar. Rhubarb pie is good.
I like STRAWBERRY pie. I like Strawberry pie because I don't get it very often, so it's a treat. Strawberry pie is good.
I like almost ALL pie. I like almost All Pie because almost all pie is good. Raisin pie is not good. Therefore, I do not like it. Almost All pie is good.
*You may not count Cheesecake as pie, but Wikipedia does and I like it, so it is now Pie.
Thus concludes my list of pies I like. The pies on this list are ones I like. I like other pies than these, but this was all I thought of. Pie is good. If you don't like it, give it to me. Because I like pie.

Ooookay, on to another topic. Here are the afore-promised pictures taken at the botanical gardens in My-ville.
This is the one Mom decided to use, but she turned it black-and-white.
This is an interesting plant Dad decided to photograph. There's a whole bush of these little seedpods.
Sitting there, lookin' cool.
Peeking through the I'm-not-quite-sure-what-they're-called reeds.

Thus concludes the photo gallery for today.
I need to do a 'shout-out' to my mom, who is turning XX today! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!! My grandparents are up here for her birthday. Grandpa's doing much better. He doesn't need crutches anymore, and the pain has greatly decreased. We're thankful for that. :-)
Last night was our bible study night. This week we, somehow, got caught in a predestination/election debate...again. It's not the same teacher (obviously) but I still have a very hard time following it all. Rapunzel started it with needing something clarified, and then someone else picked it up from there. The bible study part went into 2o minute overtime! Ooof! Across from me was Mom & Dad, and my new friend Noah. Dad was sitting there silently chuckling at Rapunzel, because the pastor, who is teaching this, was frustrating her. After 'Punzel was done discussing things with him, another lady started an in-depth topic. Several people were showing signs of wanting to finish the study and go on to snacks. I don't know what started it, but I was starting to be amused by watching other impatient people, and apparently Noah was, too, because he started almost-laughing, and then every time we looked at each other, I would feel this strong urge to start laughing. It was very hard not to start laughing out loud. That would have been very awkward. :-)
Ta-ta for now!
~Pie-loving Kiwifruit

6 comments:

Kristen said...

I'm not much for fruits and vegetables and meat in bakery but it sounds like you could care less. Bananna cream pie is good though, we used to have it every year for my Dad's birthday, with fish, my Dad likes fish.

Cheesecake? Uck! I really don't like cheesecake.

Oh! Nice pictures! You're very photogenic. I like the one your dad took too. Very picturesque, that. Epochal.

Speaking of pictures have you visited Newsboys.com lately? They updated with some very interesting pictures. And they added a Reach advertisement just a few hours ago, I always start crying whenever I see it. (Figuritively.)

We NEED the 300 hundred channels!! Someone with them rent me your TV for a few hours! I'm going to be so sad on the twenty-fifth.

Happy birthday to your Mum! My best wishes on this next year. God bless you. *raises apple juice to many more years*

Do I know these people you go study the Bible with? I know one Noah at church. Not personally though... Giggle fits are such amusing trials... *is amused by Kiwi's*

Dagmar said...

Yum! I love pie! Very nice and random post!

I love those pictures of you! You're adorable! Super cute!

You should have started to laugh out loud! That would have been hilarious! Okay maybe not...

Sarah S. said...

Happy Birthday to Kiwi's mom! I love cheesecake. I've suffered through many discussions on predestination and election, brought up every Sunday by someone in my catechism class.
Oh, and someone should tell you and Rapunzel to stop growing up! I turn my back and you two turn into beautiful ladies! (Yes, I realize you didn't post pics of her, but I saw the last Christmas letter.)

hms avalon said...

Kiwi! Happy Birthday to your mom and all that jazz.
Owan! How can you not like cheesecake?! All types of cheesecake! Except cherry...*makes yucky face* Though my friend here, Brigitta, says cherries are "perfect." *makes another face*
Ok, so back to Kiwi. I love the pics! They bring out your nature side. Very nice. You'll have to tell more about your Bible studies. It intrigues me.
So sorry for blabbing you bored, but someone had to tell Kiwi that her blog rocks!!

- Avalon

Anonymous said...

*Sigh*
I was out of town all day Friday..or else i would've commented on this...
It made me hungry...and i don't even like pie all that much..

I hate all that presidential debate and stuff..VERY boring...

Very nice pictures...i like the shirt you're wearing...
-Judi

Matt said...

What about kiwifruit pie? Just kidding, it would be pretty weird to eat your namesake. :)

Those are great pictures! What kind of camera do you have?

Tell your mom to have a happy belated birthday from me.

I didn't think that predestination is biblical. It's too bad you have to sit through it. I wish was there to debate it with them... I like debating.