Sunday, August 24, 2008

Fellowship of the Ring/House/My Last Amen

Hola, all my faithful readers! Sorry for taking a while to write again. I'm terrible at writing things often, just take a peek at my diary (DON'T actually do that!) or talk to Dagmar. Either one will confirm my ineptness at frequent writing.
I just started reading Fellowship of the Ring a couple days ago, and I really like it! I've already seen the movies, so it's rather difficult to keep my mind from jumping ahead and thinking about the end or what happens next. I watched the movies first because I tried reading it and listening to some cds of the books, but it didn't make much sense and the cds were hard to follow because of the similarity of voices. Now, the first movie is playing on TV, but Mom says we've been watching too much TV lately, and won't let Rapunzel and me watch it!! AAAARGH!! And I really want to!!! But I did get to see Pippin deliver one of my favorite lines:
"What about breakfast?"
"You already had breakfast!" Strider replies.
"I know, but what about second breakfast?"
"I don't think he knows about second breakfast." says Sam or Merry.
"What about Elevenses? And Lunch? And 4 O'clock Tea, and Supper, and Dinner??"
I just loved Billy Boyd's (Pippin's) accent there, it makes it sound more like 'sickond brickfist'! I love listening to different peoples' accents. Call me weird if ya want.

Okay, now for the house part. Recently, Mom and Dad decided to try to rent or rent-to-own our house to some one, while still trying to sell it. Whichever happens first. We've been flooded with requests to come see the house after we put it up 'for rent by owner' on Craig's List and have been cleaning almost non-stop (I'm getting good at just 'surface cleaning' the house at a moment's notice!). Tomorrow at noon, my parents are meeting with our realtor to talk about something (I'm not allowed to say what at this moment), and we just need prayers that our house will be sold or rent-to-own-ed or something this month! It's been over a year since Dad got the job and we put the house on the market, and he's been working up in Wisconsin during the week and traveling back here for the weekends for a year. So we really need to sell quick, especially because we have our eye on a house up there that would be just about perfect for us.

I've been listening to music off of Downhere's myspace page while I type this. My favorite on there (or one of them, anyway) is 'My Last Amen'. Here're the lyrics, as best as I can get them. The cd it's on isn't released yet, and neither are the lyrics, so I've got to write them down as best as I can, all by myself.

"From the corner of my eye
There’s a tear I’m trying to cry
But the feeling can’t be found
Like a note thrills in a song
When I play it again it’s gone
‘Cause if it’s never been the sound (?)

And it keeps me wanting
That mysterious thing
Like a night is waiting
For a dawn

CHORUS:
Every prayer I say
(A little closer)
To my resting place
(A little closer)

When my final breath is the beginning
To never leaving (?)
And I will find my last amen
My last amen

Vs. 2
I could swear I have two hearts
One to stay, one to depart
This sad tragic kingdom
And it burns me down to the core
Because I know there’s so much more
It’s just a pale reflection

And it keeps me wanting
That mysterious thing
Like an outcast waiting
To be loved

CHORUS:

Aaaah aaaah ooo ooo
And while the thrills are fading (ooo ooo)
The joy is in the waiting
Somewhere in the grand design
It’s good to be unsatisfied
It keeps the faith and hope a little more….
Alive.

Aaaah aaaah aaaah
(Oooooo)
A little closer
(Oooooo)
A little closer
When my final breath is the beginning
To never leading (?)
And I will find my last amen
My last amen
Amen
My last amen
Amen"

I'm not quite sure a couple of the lines are correct. I heard a rumor that this song is downloadable, but the wording made me start to wonder if it's still available. Care to enlighten me, Matt? There's an article about it at www.thefreechristianmusicblog.com, it's the second one down. And even if you don't download it, check it out, it's a cool song. Just get on Downhere's webpage (I have a link to it here on my blog), then at the bottom of that page is a link to their myspace page.

K. is bugging me to "get off the computer!!", so I'd better go now before I get in trouble.
Ta ta for now, friends!
~Kiwifruit

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey...First of all...I love that song...I gotta go find it online. Or turn my radio station...something I never do. :D

I'm currently trying to read Fellowship of the Ring. A boy from my church recommended it, and I started it.

You want to talk about surface cleaning??? When we were trying to sell our house and move to Tennessee (Which didn't happen, thank goodness), I got so good at surface cleaning that it actually looked like my room was neat...and house hunters were none the wiser. >:)

-Judi
PS: I dedicated something to you on my blog.

Dagmar said...

Hey Kiwifruit! Matt's blog is actually: http://thefreechristianmusicblog.com/

Good post! I enjoy hearing about your life. : ]

Your beloved,
-Dagmar

Kiwi da Fruit said...

Thanks for correcting me, Dagmar! I fixed the problem.
Judi: 'My Last Amen' isn't released on the radio, at least not as far as I know. I only listen to K-love and Air 1, and they don't ever play it on there.
Thank you for dedicating the story to me. I feel honored!
That's exactly the way my room is. Sometimes househunters schedule unexpectedly, and I just shove everything under and behind the bed, in my drawers, or in the closet! I just hope none of them are snoopy...
~Kiwifruit

Zoe said...

I have never heard that song.

Matt said...

Thanks for the props! Yes, the the song is downloadable. It's quite good too, as you probably know. :-)

And I'm proud of you for starting Fellowship of the Ring. It's a true classic. I used to be a huge LOTR nerd, and I still love the books. How far have you made it?

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Thanks for the comment on my blog. ;-)
No worries, you weren't annoying me with those questions..they actually prompted me to write more. :D
-Judi

Anonymous said...

Forgot to mention, I tagged you, Catfreak70 and Avalon on my blog. I have to get off so, will you tell them for me?
-Judi