During my absence, I have worked, gone through a corn maze, been to a play (friend's high school production of "Anything Goes." The. Best. Play. I have ever been to!), taken several more square dancing lessons, done some sketching of random objects, and skillfully avoided even thinking about the Christmas Card.
I've also acquired two new dresses (for a grand total of about $7, and 2 of those $ were for fabric to lengthen one), a new favourite sweater, and half a masquerade mask. (Half? um, yeah, I need to go finish it..)
What else am I up to these days?
Oh, let's see. Altering said dresses, for one thing, creating the masquerade mask for another. (I found a really cool tutorial on Youtube somewhere, where you take 5-10 pieces of tin foil, crumple, uncrumple, and stack them, then you mold it to your face, draw where you want the mask shape to be, and cut it out. Then tape the edges together with masking or painters' tape, Papier-mâché over it--I used Modpodge--and then glue on what you want. I just modpodged on some old newsprint we had, to give it structure. I've put a layer of plain white fabric on the back already, so it's a bit softer. Next I'll be putting white fabric on the front, and some gold mesh over that. It's taking me a while, but it's not hard at all. Just sticky!)
This weekend, my parents, sister, and I are going to the ICHE Young Adult Conference--a day-long...seminar, I guess you'd call it? I don't know much about this year's program, but last year was really good, and I'm looking forward to tomorrow! (Except for the 'get up by 5 and leave by 7' part of it ... )
Another thing I'm working on is the 312in366 Art Challenge!
The goal of this Challenge is to draw/paint for 10 minutes a day, 6 days a week, from January to December 2012. It's called "312in366" because you'll make 312 drawings in the 366 days of this coming leap year, and spend a total of two days and four hours drawing.I figured 10 minutes was a safe thing to ask for, because it doesn't sound like as much as 15 does, but it's still enough time to get something done! You should go check out the blog, or the Facebook Page, or the Twitter account. My synopsis here is oodles shorter and simplified from the official description, but please go check it out, and join the Challenge!
So yes, that's what I've been up to lately. Just busy enough to not have much spare time at all! What are you doing?
~Busy Kiwifruit~
1 comment:
Dude, three of my friends were in a community theater production of Anything Goes a few months ago! I love Cole Porter.
Post a Comment