Monday, October 10, 2011

I'll Add a Good Title Later...Maybe

Congratulate me: I have completed two more of my 12X2012 goals!! (link coming later)






  • Finish my first year working at JoAnn's





Goal reached on September 20th.
It's been an interesting year, mostly good. Quite often I'm exhausted by the time I get home, occasionally people there (99% customers) make me mad, but I'm thankful for the money and the experiences this job has given me.




  • Ride my green bike down the Hill of No Return/Great-Granddaddy of All Hills




Done. With my brother and three friends on...I think it was October 3rd.
The fields were gorgeous with the trees starting to change colours out there. The weather was in the low 70*s, which is perfect for biking in, if the sun is out.
We took about an hour and a half to go down, around a loop to the Big Hill, and then back home (I really should find out how many miles that was--once I do find out I'll let you know). There were cranes of some sort in a partially-harvested field of corn, and woolybear caterpillars, and a good stretch of road almost covered with run-over snakes. =( I was hoping for a live one in the midst of all that carnage, but there wasn't one. *sigh*
(I've always wanted to run across--or almost across and then stop before actually CROSSING it--a snake while out on a bike ride. So I can stop and go all Steve Irwin over it. ;)
It was a lovely bike trip, and I hope I have one more chance to go out on my lovely green bike before the weather turns nasty at the end of the week! (And yes, I used 'lovely' twice in the same sentence. Geddoverit.)

I'm on the library computer right now, so I'm running out of time tonight. I'll add pictures and links and such when I get home and an copy-and-paste them in. Can you imagine that? A computer with no copy-and-paste abilities? Sad, isn't it.

(I fixed all that now. :)

~Kiwi~

1 comment:

Miss Me said...

I was gonna leave a comment and then I saw the "Deepy Profound Insights:" thing. That scared me to death!!!