Friday, May 20, 2011

On Blogging, and How to Do it Properly.

This is my two-hundred and twenty-fifth post on here. In case you were curious.

I read an article the other day, where they said that if you want other people to read your blog, you have to blog about things your readers are interested in, and not talk all about you. Hm. The thing is, I don't quite know who reads this anymore, what they're interested in, and what I could say about the things they're interested in.
It also said that people don't like poorly-written blogs. Or, even if it's interestingly written, poor grammar and spelling deters readership. I don't think I have that problem. I can't stand typos.
Another is the music players set on auto-play. I can sort of understand that. They do sort of freak me out when I don't realize the volume's all the way up, and Skillet starts playing! I like it when they have them at the top of the page, and 'start it yourself.' But I still read those, I just make sure to have the speakers turned down at first, or scroll to the music box really quick and stop it.

I think the next post I do will be a very opinionated review of Disney's latest movie, Lemonade Mouth. It's stupidish. But, I won't tell about it here--rants were probably frowned upon in that article as well. And it would deprive me of an idea for my 226th post.

~Kiwi~

4 comments:

Kristen said...

In honor of the post coming up, I will not Google "Lemonade Mouth." I will wait for your post and find out about the movie then.

Brittany November said...

Oh hi! I've been considering a "Blogging Properly" post. It would probably turn into more of a rant for me though (as most of my posts do ;))

Heather said...

I do not like autoplay music at all. Even if I get to turn it on myself and especially if it has words. If I wanted to listen to skillet I would put in a CD or go to youtube. I'm here at your blog because I want to read about YOU and YOUR life. AND the page loads much slower.

Fortunately, you don't have to worry too much about my opinion because I always browse the web and bloghop with my speakers muted.

Now, I sorta disagree with the first point you mentioned from that article. If it's a blog of a friend I know in real life or if it's the blog of someone who has a very interesting life, I like to read about them, them, them all the time. But there are other blogs I only read because they are always posting neat sewing tips or whatever and I want the information.

So, I guess it depends on who you want to read your blog.

Heather

Emily Sacra said...

Hello Kiwi da Fruit! I just wanted to let you know that you have won a prize in my giveaway! It is a set of 4 bobby pins. Please e-mail me to claim your prize!!!

Emily
photogal2014@gmail.com