Tuesday, March 30, 2010

C=



I got a volleyball for my birthday. =) I like volleyballs. It's a Wilson beach volleyball, "the official volleyball of the Olympic games" or something like that. I need to re-figure the way I hit it, though, because hitting with my
wrists is causing bruises to form. =/ I'll experiment with higher up the forearm, but I don't remember bumping the ball that high up... Hmm... In the meantime I've played a long game with my garage wall. The score so far is Garage Wall: 125, Kiwi: 5. My five were a few lucky overhand serves that were just out of Garage Wall's reach.

Mom and Dad found me a lovely hope chest off of Craig's List. It's from the 1930's, we think, from a company that has since gone extinct.

Right under the "L" in "Lady" is 1936 penciled in.


It's a little taller than most cedar chests, and it has a drawer at the bottom. Isn't it beautiful? =)

My brothers gave me a little, pink Swiss army knife to replace my flimsy, dull one. Aaand my sister gave me a camera case, so now I don't have to worry about my camera's screen getting scratched.
Aaaand my dear friend Kate gave me a chocolate bar. =) She's now well on her way to my top-friends list with that gift! ;)
Aaaand my other dear friend, Queen Lucy, gave me a hat she crocheted herself! It's so perty! I'd put a photo of that up, too, but I can't go get my camera right now.

Twas a very nice birthday, wot wot?
~Kiwi~

p.s. We watched a bit of "The Madness of King George" the other day, and he was constantly repeating "wot wot?" and "hey hey?" It must have rubbed off on me. =)

3 comments:

Kate said...

Yay! I love me hope chest. It is most glorious but not as stunning as yours. I love the color.

What's the privileges of being on the top friends list? Do I get to automatically win any arguments? I would def. go for that.

Brittany November said...

Wilson! :-D Just like on Castaway!

*ahem*

I like your hope chest :)

Kristen said...

In case you are wondering my current chemistry average is 88%. That 91% is at the apex of a metaphorical Mt. Everest. =/
I am halfway through the book, however, yay! I just finished the second quarterly test. (96%! I love A's! I only messed up on balancing one chemical equation and I forgot to convert from grams to kilograms in another question.)

That is a lovely chest! It's especially awesome that it has a draw in the bottom, too! Great present!

Yes, do post the hat pictures, I'd like to see them. :)