I just finished a new card today. Actually, I've had most of the art done for several days, but I just now got around to putting it all together. Now I have five or six cards to put on Etsy, plus four Christmas cards. My goal is to finish designing and painting ten more by my birthday in March. Then I'll start the Etsy shop in mid-April. I hope.
Too bad things don't always go according to plan, eh?
Ten weeks to do ten cards. That's just one card per week! I can handle that, can't I? Y'all heard me say that, right? Someone please come shoot me if I don't. (no, please don't really do that. It's not nice. But you could come give me a stern talking-to if I don't.)
Oh, and I'll be busy over the next 10 months as I work on a commission: several paintings my Grandma wants by Christmas. I've got a busy year ahead of me!
I broke in my new palette the other day. It's so great to have a large surface to spread all my colors over, and not having to wash out colors to make room for others! And the new paintbrushes are great.
Yep, I know, I'm crazy. But crazy's not all that bad, is it?
(stop laughing at me)
Mom says that maybe I should pursue one of my other interests in college, rather than art. Art classes are expensive, and I may want to spend the money on something more worth-while and productive. So, for the present, I'm researching Elementary Education at Whitefield college, which would be distance education courses. My friend did her college work through them, and said she enjoyed it. We'll see. But, even if I do that, I plan on taking a few watercolor classes at the community college eventually.
~Kiwi~
3 comments:
I see I shall have to supply all my own comments...
All grown up and thinking about college. Freaky, isn't it?
Many apologies for not commenting more often... :) I would love to see some of your cards, if you could post them! I haven't put anything on my blog for a while, but you're welcome to get inspirations from it www.jcwynia.wordpress.com
Christina
Post a Comment