I can't believe we've lived here a year already! I remember that weekend so well. Packing up everything within three weeks.....Stuffing our 'entire house' into a U-haul truck......Getting up at 4:30 am so we could get to WI on time.......Big Sis driving with me (her first time driving the car on a trip! She'd only gotten her license a few weeks before)......Listening to GO on the way up......
We had more comparative strangers show up to help move in than friends helping us move out, which was interesting.
I was the only person with a real bed a year ago tonight! Everyone else had to use air mattresses or the floor.
In the past year, the following things have happened:
- I've made numerous new friends. Let's see.....somewheres around 25. Plus new acquaintances, which are different....
- We went sledding multiple times last Winter with our new friends.
- I have played volleyball nearly every Sunday since late Spring.
- I've gotten much better at volleyball!
- My family and our friends have worked on practicing a play together. No, we haven't had a chance to actually perform it yet, but we did have fun practicing!
- Sis and I performed in the church's Talent Night, and did something for it we would never have dared doing at our old church! I don't think we would have done anything for a talent night in the IA church, just because....it wasn't something we'd be expected to do!
- I scored 4th place at the annual Uno Tournament! And won a Turtle. ------>
- I turned 17.
- My personality has changed a LOT; from someone too shy and scared of what others would think of her to a slightly more self-confident girl who speaks up a bit more. Sometimes too much, but at least I'm not mute anymore!
I have moved one year closer to graduation! - I have been accepted.
- I am a happier person because I've been accepted and, even though I'm new here, I'm not an 'outsider'.
- Oh, and I went to my first Cubs game last September 26th. 'Twas cool. :)
Oh, I could probably think of more things to add, but I'm running out of time. Maybe I'll save the other things for next year.
My thanks to all of you who have made this year so great! Did you know that a year ago, I barely even knew what you looked like, much less your names or anything about you?? This past year has been amazing. Let's see how great this year could be!
p.s. Don't forget about Talk Like A Pirate Day this Saturday!!
9 comments:
Ya-hoo!! I'm so glad you guys moved in, and it's so weird that it's been a year already. Except in other ways it seem like I've known y'all forever. :)
Awesome turtle picture, by the way.
YAY for you guys!!! I remember the day we moved into this house...over four years ago! :D
And YAY for you for becoming less shy...teach me how!!! :D
-Judi
AGH! I hasn't commented in a while. Sorry :( I was all confuzzed...and things...anyways
Congratufullations on teh anniversary whachamacallit :)
It sounds like you have done a lot of stuff. I never do stuff -_- boo me. owell
luv the turtle *cheese *
OMG !!! I think i shall have a PoTC marathon tomorrow :)
first of all: interview me!!
Second: It's GOOOOD to be HOME!!!!!! And I don't just mean my house, I mean that YOU and all the other girls are, well, part of home to me! :) I've missed you. And I'm SO glad you feel accepted and loved. BECAUSE YOU ARE!!!! :D I love ya and and I can't believe it's only been a year since I've met you! I can't imagine not having you for a friend. :) I'll see you on SUNDAY!!!!!!!!! :D
~Queen Lucy~
and third: the fruit cake is too soon!!! i am getting worried... ;P anyway, if a kiwi was talking to some bananas on a certain S-day, then a certain strawberry could come and greet the kiwi, because she would have not seen the kiwi for awhile and would want to say hello and give her a hug, etc. Hmm?? And I'm glad you understand how the strawberry feels sometimes... ;)
~Queen Lucy~
P.S. Leave a reply on my blog. :)
Kiwi wishes me to say that her computer is currently in the shop so she won't be posting or commenting for awhile. Hopefully she'll be back soon! :)
We just had our six year anniversary of going to RH. It feels like it's been longer than that! And four year anniversary of living in Myville. :)
Good grief the person who made that movie likes romance!!!!!! %-/ I do like the song though; sad and sweet... I'd put it on my blog if there was a different video. ;P Oh, I love that song, it's so very sweet, and so sad too! :) Glad you put that one here. (I've never watched the later Pirates of the Caribbeans, only the first one, the other ones look really weird.)
~Queen Lucy~
Sorry, that face turned out really weird. :P Ummm... 8-S is that any better?? :P
Post a Comment