Friday, August 14, 2009

Greener Grass in Greater Gilman (say it 5 times fast...I dare ya)

Last Saturday was our family get-together. It was because my cousin, Josh, was up from Arizona, and most of us haven't seen him in years. The last time my family saw him was 10 years ago, and all I remember of that was him saying "I used to toss you up in the air" or something like that.
Anyway, I woke up at 4:30 (against my will), lay around in bed until 5:30, and then we drove almost non-stop until we arrived at 11:00. So no, it was not 6 hours (as my father so kindly pointed out in a comment on the last post), but it sure was a long time!
Once there, we met Josh and his wife and his two cute little daughters. I wish I had had my camera out sooner; by the time I got it out, the girls were down for a nap. But Dad got some good pictures that I'll have to put on here once he gets them loaded.
I also saw three sets of aunts & uncles, my other cousin who I haven't seen in 2 or 3 years, I got to hold my month old second cousin, and stuffed myself with good food. And then right before we left, our host started a hay rack ride. We didn't get to go on the four-county tour he had planned, though, because we had a 5 hour drive ahead of us. But the four-street tour was fun, too!
Here are some pictures: Once again, I am unable to straighten them. I don't get it!!! I turned them in the folders, so they were right-way up! Hmph. But here they are anyway.
Second-cousins.
more relatives.More second cousins....

Josh (a sideways view ;)

We had a great time. I think it was probably worth the 10 hour drive. We didn't get home until 11:00 that night, and I had to shower, so according to my calculations, I was awake for about 19 hours straight. Yikes! That's a long time! I was tired in church the next morning. Very tired.
Oh, by the way: guess what! I'm a second cousin again! His name is Zachary Paul. and he's adorable. But I don't have any pictures of him to put on here.
Okay, I'm being forced off the computer by Someone, so I'll talk to y'all later.
'Bye!
~Kiwi~
Credit for the title goes to my Aunt B. and my Uncle L, BTW.

5 comments:

CrimeSceneFairy said...

You're right...I can't say it 5 times fast :)
Ew, early-morning awakeness!! You should go to the doctor to have that checked! It could be harmful
Yay, cute lil people! :)
Yay, hay!
okaybai

~IWASFIRSTTOCOMMENTHA~

Daughter of Eve said...

Oh that was so fun that you got to sleep over last night. We could be spies with all the, uh, well, STUFF we did. :P (Plans, schemes, what next? :P)

~Queen Lucy~

Alayne said...

ooh! Family reunions! how fun!
...I went to one 4 years ago, but there was no 5 hour drive, luckily for me :D.
Hey, with your rotation-picture problem: Can't you rotate them on your camera? Because on mine you can do that. You hit "menu"... anywho. I don't know what model you have, but it should explain how to do it in the manual.... if you can do it, which you should be able to... ahem.
So if that helps, great, if not, I just wasted about a minute of my life. :P Don't worry about it. I have nothing else to do anyways.

~Alayne

CrimeSceneFairy said...

I can't help but notice that you haven't been commenting on my blog.
That makes me full of sad :(

CrimeSceneFairy said...

Aw, no it was just that when i changed templates it musta deleted the chattything and i forgot to put it back on :( Sowwy!