I'm doing this at my friend's house (Hi, Miranda) after the first hard day of VBS. Man, those third and fourth-graders are a tough bunch! Talk about worn out, and this is only the first day! Oh, well, I love 'em all! The boys are... well, they're being typical little boys. They don't want to sing or dothe motions, but that's okay. I'm thankful to have other helpers in my group. (Thank you, Other Helpers!) They sit and listen better than they did last year, but some really strange topics came up during craft time. Two of them (brothers) were talking about how they like to eat dog food and arguing a bit over what flavor is best. I really don't know what to think of them! Abbie (Miranda's sister) just reminded me of something else I forgot. They were coloring pictures of a beach scene and surfboards (three surfboards, to be exact). After one girl finished her art, I asked her "Which surfboard would you ride first?" "The pink one, then the blue one, then the green and yellow one." she replied. One of the brothers piped up with "I can ride two boards at once!" and the girl said she could, too. He had to out-do her, of course. "I bet I could ride all three at the same time!"
"You don't have three legs!"
"I'd stack them on top of each other."
"But what if one slips out from beneath the rest?"
They both looked at me like I was crazy. "Superglue."
Ah, yes, Superglue. The most reasonable answer out there. Why didn't I think of that myself??
I need to get off now, I hear supper preparations in the other room and I'm HUNGRY! I'll try and post again tomorrow or sometime. Abbie told me last night that the "computers are turned off and we would not appreciate you turning them on to post at midnight tonight!"
Have a good day, y'all! Pray that I stay patient with these kids! We had 11 of them today, and will probably have a few more tomorrow.
~Worn-out-but-still-happy Kiwifruit
P.S. please pardon any typos. This keyboard is not very friendly to me.
4 comments:
Of course Superglue is the most reasonable answer! It can fix anything and everything. I'm shocked that you didn't think of that.
And just to let you know, you haven't had a tough VBS crowd 'til you work with three- and four-year-olds. With only one other helper and a dozen kids, I went to sleep for an hour after VBS. They're like mini "Energizer Bunnies" but 'ya gotta love 'em.
Anyways, talk to 'ya later!
AHHHH!! You accuse me of not posting often enough. ONE WEEK?
That's a long time for not posting.
Avavlon
(I just posted. Check it out.)
PS: I can't stop listening to The More!!! You have me hooked on it!
Hey,
You hadn't visited my blog in so long that I started to think...maybe you forgot I even existed...then I thought..there is no way that anyone could ever forget that I existed. >:)
And, yes, all my short stories have to be morbid and spooky. It's what I write...actually..i just posted a new short up there that doesn't seem scary to me..but i mean, everyone defines scary in a different way. ;)
-Judi
Post a Comment