Good morning. It's 12:18 a.m. according to the clock on the computer, *stifles yawn* and I can't sleep! I tried everything. I kept my eyes closed for a long time, I kept them open until my eyelids drooped. I tried lying on my side, my back, my stomach, my other side, half-on and half-off my bed. I tried with one pillow, two pillows, a soft pillow, a hard pillow, no pillow at all! I sang (inside my head) that '100 bottles of pop on the wall' song. I sang that song
'there's a hole in the bottom of the sea
there's a hole in the bottom of the sea
there's a hole
there's a hole
there's a hole in the bottom of the sea
there's a log in the hole in the bottom of the sea
there's a log in the hole in the bottom of the sea
there's a log
there's a log
there's a log in the hole in the bottom of the sea'
and then you go on, adding bump on the log, frog on the bump, wart on the frog, fly on the wart, flea on the fly, and finally wing on the flea. That didn't work.
So now I'm stuck here, making you bored, because there's nothing left to do. *yawn*
I hope neither Mom nor Dad wakes up and leaves their room. It's right across the hall from the office, where I'm at. I don't think they'll be happy that I'm up.
"What are you doing up?"
"I couldn't sleep."
"So why are you down here?"
"Because I tried everything and couldn't sleep."
"Go back and try again."
"But I can't sleep!"
"I don't care. Go to bed!"
"But it's uncomfortable. My air mattress sprung a leak, and, despite the duck tape, it's still leaking and I'm practically on the floor."
"Then go sleep on the floor!"
Don't forget that what Mom or Dad is saying there is slurred by sleep and nearly indistinguishable. I didn't even try to write it the way they would say it.
I could pretend to be doing this in my sleep. That is, if I weren't typing perfectly logical words and writing what I intend to do. I used to walk in my sleep quite a bit, but I haven't lately. Or have I? Maybe I have been doing stuff in my sleep, and I just don't know it!
Oof. I should get off now and go back and pretend to sleep. I hope y'all are asleep out there! By the way, don't forget there's another new post under this one that I just put up a few hours ago.
TTFN, sleep tight and don't let the bedbugs bite!
~Tired Kiwifruit
5 comments:
lol! No, I don't think you were asleep when you typed that!
It didn't sound to me like you were asleep, either. I used to sleep walk all the time. I started sleeping downstairs because mom worried about me being upstairs and walking out of my room in my sleep.
And just the other day, I couldn't sleep and was awake until nearly 5:00 am.
-Judi
Well, I didn't get to sleep until 1:30 this morning, and then I slept 'til nearly 9:30! (Thanks, Mom, for letting me sleep! :-)
~Kiwifruit
You found Jonno through my blog?? Does this mean that you're on my blog and don't comment????
Because if you do, that makes you a *lowers voice to whisper* lurker.
:)
-Judi
I was just looking at random blogs, and I came across yours.
I LIKE it!
Cool choice of music. Cool.
Post a Comment