Saturday, July 26, 2014

A Change of Plans

We are down to 
          Three-Hundred 
                    Seventy Days 
[and] 
                              Five[ish] Hours 
                                        until we take off for Colorado! 


I get rather excited when I think about it, but it's also bitter-sweet right now.
The "cousins" we planned to travel with are not able to come.
To be completely honest, that was going to be half the fun of the trip. The four of us are best friends. El and Emmers are both adventurous but cautious and sensible. KK and I are more adventurous and crazy. We would have balanced each other out perfectly!
There were so many plans, and now they have to change. Life doesn't always happen the way you plan it, so you adapt and enjoy. And sometimes the adaptations surprise you.

El and I started brainstorming immediately about who else we could invite. The two of us would be fun, but you know what they say: "the more the merrier and the cheaper!" She called up one of our dear friends who is living in Maine right now, but comes back to Wisconsin regularly. We were both surprised and amazed when she replied (paraphrase):
"Of course! I have no idea what I'm doing next year, but I would LOVE to go!! How much do you need? I can't pay all of it right away, but I can send you a check for part this week if you need it!"
How awesome is that? No questions, no "let me think about it," just "when do I pay?"

I spoke to one of my long-time best friends, Ruthie. She's spunky and crazy and adventurous too, but will be taking paramedic classes next summer (she had worked her way up to advanced EMT at 19!), so can't commit. That's another disappointment, but we'll see what happens.

Right now there's one friend pending decision, and we might have to start looking for a fourth adventurer if she can't go.
          But we'll see.
                    We still have three-hundred seventy days and assorted hours left.

--Kiwi D. Fruit

7 comments:

Heather said...

Hehehe! I love this post. :)

Kiwi D. Fruit said...

SOMEONE READS MY BLOG!!!!
(Sorry. I got a bit excited there.)
And I'm going to be excited again, because it's YOU who read my blog, and YOU who is going to COLORADO with us!
One plus: You're a well-traveled individual who can show us all the ropes. ;)
--Kiwi

*Lizzie* said...

YOU ARE GOING TO COLORADO NEXT SUMMER?!?!?!?! I am so jealous!! Haha ;)
YOU ARE GOING TO COMPLETELY LOVEEEE IT OUT THERE! It is literally my favorite place on earth. So beautiful I want to move out there!!! Have you been there before? What part would you guys visit?! How long would you stay?! Tell me all about it! I miss it out there beyond words and I get pumped when others go out there and get to experience its beauty too for themselves! ;)

Kristen said...

This is great. I am so glad you found an eager and willing travel companion. I always hear good things about Colorado. :)

The pictures in your last post are totes adorbs, by the way.

Kristen

Kiwi D. Fruit said...

Yes, Lizzy, we're goin' to Colorado! One year from right now, I will be in Colorado Springs/Garden of the Gods.
If you scroll back through these posts, I blogged about my "Twenty Trip" back in 2012. Mom, Dad, and I stopped ever so briefly in Estes Park, and El was there in 2010. http://quirkykiwifruit.blogspot.com/search/label/Twenty%20Trip
These two posts are about our upcoming Colorado Trip. The first includes a brief overview of our itinerary. http://quirkykiwifruit.blogspot.com/search/label/Colorado%202015
Every now and then I sit online and pour through pictures and blogs and attractions in Colorado. Since being out there 23 months ago, I've longed to go back and explore more.
--Kiwi

Kiwi D. Fruit said...

Hey Kristen! Long time no see! =) Yes, we were so very excited that Heather's coming with! It'll be a blast.

Haha, thanks! I thought so too. ;)

--Kiwi

Kristen said...

Hello Laura!

Thank you for the lovely note on the church newsletter! It made my day.

Kristen