Saturday, April 9, 2011

Untitled

I dreamed that Mother had repainted the dining room ( despite the fact that we just finished repainting, rearranging, and decorating!) in a rather brightish yellow. And then proceeded to add yellow accents all over.

Yellow-on-yellow does not work.



I wish that while at work I could say more than I do. To the little girl with a scar on her lip (from cleft palate?) who was sweet and pretty, but obviously self-conscious. Or the girl who kept the left side of her face turned away, but I caught a glimpse of some sort of scar on her cheek. Both pretty young girls, and I wanted to tell them that! But you can't really just say, "Ten dollars, twenty-three cents, and, by the way, you're beautiful just the way God made you."
I hope both of those girls have someone to tell them that.

~Kiwi~

2 comments:

GEE MA said...

You never know what a difference just saying, "Have a great day" can make. Maybe being treated just like anyone else will make them feel like they’re not so different.

Kirsten's Korner said...

You know, that's very true!