September 4th, 2012
Have you any idea how hard it is to narrow all these pictures down into an acceptable blog-post-length? Especially when almost every snapshot has a story behind it?
I did try, though. At least give me credit for that.
We exited Red Lodge and took off down the Beartooth Senic Byway, which zigzags up the side of the mountains, circles around the top, then heads back down the other side. This was my first expedition into any real mountains (after this, Tennessee doesn't count anymore), so I was enamored with it all.
In fact, Mom had to scold me several times because I wasn't holding still long enough to take a picture! I guess when one has driven for 3.5 days straight and consumed an unhealthy portion of the bag of peanut M&Ms, combined with awesome new surroundings, one can't help but MOVE!
Almost at the top, there was a rest/scenic pull-off that we stopped at.
As evidenced by this picture, I was dreadfully bored through the whole thing. Terribly dull.
I mean, it's not like the views were great or anything! What was there to be excited about?
(Other than being Queen of the Mountain, of course. That is always exciting.)
~Kiwi
No comments:
Post a Comment