Saturday, September 15, 2012

Four Years

Happy anniversary to me!
My family and I have lived here for four years today. And it's been great.
Not all of it--Wisconsin isn't perfect!--but a far cry from Iowa. I love my Iowa friends, and I miss them, but in the long run, we are much better located here.

When we moved in, several people from our new church came and helped clean the house and unload boxes. Dad knew one or two of them, but the rest were strangers. Honestly, when we moved out the only help we had was one couple from that church, their friends who were visiting for the weekend, and one family who hadn't even planned on coming to help. Someone had to call and ask if they were coming.
It took us about five years to feel even semi-comfortable in our Iowa church. Compare that to five minutes here!

No, I don't hate our old church, or our old town (though it's border-line for the town). I'm not saying that everyone there were horrible, thoughtless people. They weren't! We just didn't fit in there like we do here.
I live in the best community ever.

~Kiwi~

No comments: