Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Grad party!

Okay, sorry for the dismal/depressing feel of the last post. =/ I was (obviously) in a rather dismal/depressed mood for it.
The good news is that yes, I did graduate!! =D With [a] flying color. ;) My great and wonderful friend, Bethany, helped me through the last few lessons of Government--if it wasn't for her, I don't know how long it would have taken me to finish!!
We had the party at a park just a few minutes from home, but sadly it was too windy to use most of the decorations I had worked on. =( So the decor consisted of tablecloths, three bunches of balloons, and flowerpot saucers of Skittles. Without the actual flowerpots, the saucers didn't make much sense, but I guess the tables looked okay. =/
TONS of friends showed up, all the way from Iowa and Illinois! My Aunt Jan and Uncle Steve win the prize for the longest drive to get here, I think--they came all the way from western Iowa!! (Thank you for coming!) Do you know how difficult it is to constantly switch from group to group, trying to talk to everyone and introduce people to other people and make sure you get some cake...? It's difficult. I tried to spend more time with the out-of-towners than the in-towners, since I see them every week. Hopefully none of you felt slighted!
Sorry for the shortness of this post! I'm at the library and my session is ending in a few minutes, so I've gotta cut it short. =/
Long story short, I had a great time and hope everyone who came did, too! And thank you for the encouraging comments on the last post! =) They were helpful.

~Kiwi~
p.s. Please pray for me tomorrow! I'm taking my road test for my license at 1:00. =O A leetle scary! I doubt I'll pass, just because I'm a bit pessimistic, but I might! Please pray I don't crash into anything, or pull out when I'm not s'posed to, and that I get the hang of Parallel Parking within the next 24 hours...Eeep. =)

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Don't worry, parallel parking is kind of confusing but it is pretty easy. Good luuuuuck!

You had a smashin' grand party! :) Do you know how many people came? :) I'm sorry that your decorations didn't work out, the Skittles in the flower pots looked fine. :)

I was definitely slighted but I had a good time anyway. :P

Woohoo for your aunt and uncle coming all that way! That must make you feel loved. :) All my family slighted me (didn't come to the party, send a card, or acknowledge my achievement in any way) except for my parents and siblings who threw the party, my grandparents on one side who came to the party, and my grandparents on the other side who sent a card (they couldn't come because they live in ME and my Gramp was busy vacationing in Alaska anyway).

Um. Sorry again that your computers are broken! How did the past generations survive without the Internet? O.o

Brittany November said...

Sounds fun! Driver's test, huh? FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY, DON'T CROSS THE YELLOW LINES!!!!

Sorry. Bad experiences.

Kiwi D. Fruit said...

yeah, I failed. Which was sad, because I was finally beginning to believe I could pass, when he told me "Well, you didn't pass today...here's all you did wrong..." >:P
Next time....
~Kiwi~

Isaiah Hoffland said...

Hi do you mind if I "Borrow" your Award for sheer awesomeness??
I already have It I am just waiting for ur approval to put it on my blog.